KUNG-FU game (scriptor needed!)

it’s possible to create collision using ray. I many game there is three point of impact hi,
mid and low. If you set some ray in those positions and if the distance is ok when the move is made its return collision.

You have to think out of box in blender if you want to achieve anything. I could say the same thing for video game in general. Being tricky is the first thing you have to learn when you create video game.

Just do some tutorials or something. Too many people these days just want other people to do all the hard and rewarding work.

Python isnt really as scary as it sounds, and once youve grasped it youll have a lot more power in making games.

I always like to work alone on these things, mainly because it forces me to learn everything i need, and secondly because when ive finished a project i can look back on it and see that every single pixel of colour and script was created from scratch by myself and myself only.

sigh

I totally agree with AD edge, since python is one of the simpliest code ever should try to learn it or you’ll never be able to finish any game. Becaus eif you just give up at something this trivial your game won’t goes no where. go en Cthames website there is a lot to learn there

Anyways python is almost the only way to go for it.

it’s possible to create collision using ray. I many game there is three point of impact hi,
mid and low. If you set some ray in those positions and if the distance is ok when the move is made its return collision.

Mmm… I would not use rays, my guess is that trying to imitate a frame by frame coded collition areas would be easier (MUGEN’s collition style), at least these would achieve a fast paced fighting.

frame by frame ? Is it even possible ? I mean I can’t picture how you would do it ?

the game is just a simple arena.
the level will look allot like the background in the video.

I will study martial arts forms a little and try to animate it myself.

someone did make a game and animated it with martial arts fighting.

I can’t say it’s gonna be as good, but I’ll try.:smiley:

Are you trying to say my game will fail? I made tons of progress. I have a few maps and 3 chars done.

I’ll animate if you need any help with it.

Come on ! Where are those progress ? I said a decent model ! Brad LA made one. I don’t know what is the armo dillo but I did laught a lot.

Anyway it’s a bit of topic but if you want some good advice for modeling or texturing It would be my pleasure to help you out, because you really need to figure out how an animal look like.

Wow, that was weak man. No way do I want you on my team! And btw the progress is in our FORUMS the thread is only for major updates and team members to join. We also have a private locked forum where only some people can see, that’s where models and stuff is posted.

And it’s FANTASY they don’t have to look like real animals their mutants. There’s a reason they’re mutinied.

lol ! I wasn’t trying to get it your team just trying to stop you ridiculing yourself. But anyway I also have a bunch of secret forum where there is a bunch secret models better than epic games ones. Ah understand so because they are mutants they don’t even look like any kind of animal, just a bunch of boxes, I got it. Hope your are getting a better modeler soon.
I’m not the type to offend anyone but seriously … Come on !

I mean when you actually finish your model, you look at it and then you though " this is great it don’t like an animal at all ! " ?

… wow… are you now trying to insult? because if you are you suck at insults.

Your only going to see the monster from the side… and unlike most games that have amazing graphics I actually did tons of pre-production stuff… like for instance my sister is an author (not published yet) she wrote a book for the game. Believe me man, graphics aren’t everything, gameplay is what’s important.

Anyway puts blackreaper on ignore list

Killers game looks like it might be good, once they’ve started to develop there ideas further. Why slate it when they haven’t even had an official beta demo released yet? (i.e. it’s a project they’re still working hard on)…

maybe you could point us to one of your exceptional quality games??? Then maybe we’d take your HARSH criticism seriously?

no??

I thought so! LOL

thank you!

hey everyone, we’ve got TheWilkie working on the animations and jordandavey1611 working on the logics.
so cool!

anyways, the character model you can download here to see what you’d be working with.:smiley:
http://files.filefront.com/KON+FU+RED+girlblend/;11529001;/fileinfo.html
I will be working on the level now.
the second character should be finished soon too.
and theres a secret character for ya when the games done:D

Bye! :cool:

I’ve not publish my game yet but if you’ve never of it it’s maybe I’m to have some valuable content to bring it and create a work in progress, this way work in progress really means something. Anyway this is my game skullz, not made on blender but Xna ( I did prototype on blender) When the demo is out I let you guys know
http://forums.xna.com/forums/t/10562.aspx

It’s a been a couple months since I haven’t update because I learning hlsl shader and physic. But I did model the main character
http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/1084/kscreenep2.th.png

and two models
http://jeremie.mangue.googlepages.com/modelsandtexture

I should apologize to bradLA because it’s remain your tread.

keep blendering

don’t worry about it.:smiley:
and thanks!

i was looking at your models and have to say “well done”
i like the space ship allot.:slight_smile:

see ya!

I have made all the menu buttons, and the menu pics are done.
have a look.:smiley:

Attachments