KX_PolyProxy.collide

Hi fellows,

Another attribute question, about KX_PolyProxy.collide this time. Although the API clearly says the function should return the state of the polygon, whether it receives collision or not, it seems to return the state of the object instead. Hope someone else could correct me if I’m wrong about this. I have searched the Game Engine Bug Tracker for a submit that already deals with this issue and to be frank I’m not even sure if this is a bug. If some of you could confirm this or not, that would be great, then I know if I need to submit this to the tracker.

Anyway, to illustrate the issue I’ve attached a blend. When the cube hits the floor it couldn’t be possible that all polygons of that cube receive collision, however, KX_PolyProxy.collide returns true (1) for each polygon.

Thank you, guys.

Attachments

Get_Normals_02.blend (87.4 KB)

I think this isn’t a bug. I believe the API means that it shows if the polygon is collision-enabled, not if it is currently undergoing a collision. As far as I know, there’s no way to check a polygon to see if it’s colliding with another object. You could separate the polygons out into their own objects if you wanted to be that precise, though.

You are correct. I tested this by adding a material with Material Physics disabled and assigning it to just one polygon on the cube. Many thanks.