lamp problems

(lholt) #1

on Blender 2.03 I added a couple of meshes and some text. When I erase all my lamps I still see the meshes in a render but the text goes black as expected. Are there some secret lamps somewhere? Where ever they are, they are too bright and I can’t control my lighting to the meshes.

(dreamsgate) #2

where did you get the version with the secret lamps?

LOL, I’m sorry that wasn’t nice, I’ve never had that problem, you might want to check your materials, is it set to a high add or the ambient lighting in the world buttons?

(lholt) #3

It was hidden in the secret pocket at the back of the Official Blender book. Besides, I’m finding that the Blender has lots of secret stuff.

Played with it as suggested and ended up killing all the mateials for the meshes and making them over. As I recall, (now that I thing about it) I loaded (appended) some material to this file from one of the blender mateials libs and that was where the funky maeial came from. Sorry to bother and thanks for the reply.

(dreamsgate) #4

It was hidden in the secret pocket at the back of the Official Blender book. Besides, I’m finding that the Blender has lots of secret stuff.

lol, figures, I got the version that insists on making all my glorious visions look consdierably less than glorious.

glad you found the problem.

(theeth) #5

the material probably had a texture assigned to the Mir channel. This makes objects show in the dark a little bit.

Martin

(Schlops) #6

Shift-F4 to see if there are still lamps in your scene (this also helps finding “hidden” empties)