Lancelot

featured

(Daniel Aubert) #1

This is a personal project I worked at the end of last year, but only now got to create the video because of Sculpt January, haha. It is a deviation from the original Lancelot concept but it is inspired though.

He is a knight armor/robot with a human soul, living in constant struggle with his mind… He deeply loves one he can’t be with. The one who makes him cry fire, and fills his heart with sorrow as a fuel for his un-ending quest for battle. He will forever search for someone who can defeat him. But that is a tremendous dificult quest, for he is the most capable warrior who steped onto Avalon.

Hope you guys like it. The video can be a bit long. It was a study of Eevee render and lighting and composition, so maybe I got to carried way. But you can always speed up the video, haha!

Sculpted in Blender 2.8, textured and retopologised in 3DCoat and rendered with Eevee.
Music: Ofelia’s Dream from https://www.bensound.com/

(anas) #2

really nice work !!!

(abedd) #3

How on earth is this not featured?

(Daniel Aubert) #4

:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

(Bart Veldhuizen) #5

The featuring voting takes some time and we have a (small) backlog. Patience :slight_smile:

(Bart Veldhuizen) #6

You’re #featured! :+1:

(davbach) #7

Great work! I would have loved to see bigger sized feet but a lot of bad ass robots have small feet… so why not Lancelot!

(usernew) #8

This is totally Dark Souls stuff. A boss to be honest.

Amazing !

(You sould edit your Youtube link because it’s giving a start flag at 81s, so people might miss the first half of your video :wink: )

++
Tricotou

(captainkirk) #10

I was just about to comment the same thing. And it would be a properly scary one.

(ouraf) #11

Sci-Fi dark souls. If done right, with that dark, oppressive atmosphere, would be amazing!

(abedd) #12

Sorry Bart, it was so good I wasn’t thinking when I commented :sweat_smile:

Is that supposed to be a tiny skull with two teeth in the back of its shoulder? Cuz that’s hilarious, I love it! :slight_smile:

(rombout) #14

Very short time frame, it was just posted 3 days ago?!

Funny thing, i commented on a post a couple weeks back. The last post was i believe somewhere in 2015. Than suddenly couple days later it was top row… hahaha it can take a while :wink:

(rombout) #15

Hahaha looks like it

(islara1) #16

simply this keeps you looking forward

This is fantastic! Looks like Berserker from Fate/Zero got an upgrade :smile:

(Bart Veldhuizen) #18

I featured you on BlenderNation, enjoy :slight_smile:

(Leefa Chensy) #19

Wow! It looks really brutal :hushed:

(Daniel Aubert) #20

Thank you! Yeah, maybe next time! haha