Hi, I’m working on this (amazing) Lancia race car. My goal is to realize a “dirt live race scene”. Any advices, particularly on topology are welcome !
My workflow is:
- working on blueprints with bezier curve, area by area
- duplicate it and then convert it into a mesh, subdivide it many times
- add a new object, a plane, and use snap tools to work on my cage and adjust my mesh as best as possible
- come back to my bezier curve cage and work on a new part of the car
I have to main difficulties:
- keep smooth surfaces with vertices which are “in the middle” of my surfaces
- separation and transition between the different pieces.
(car paint come from the thread "car paint materials : Iridescent Layers / Carbon Fiber / Leather ;)).