Landing gear problem

I am currently working on a sci-fi, retracting, landing gear, which will be animated, and used in the game engine, by using bones. I have parented all the bones to the meshes, and now I have a problem. I am trying to use constraints, in order to move the opposite sides of the bones, or “claws” together simultaneously, in order to retract, but the constraints won’t comply with me.:mad: I would like to know if someone has a solution to this problem. Also I would like to know what, and how, would I able to use a null. Thanks.:slight_smile:

Attachments

landing gear.blend (324 KB)

Alright I have fixed the problem I had:). Now I have another one. I am trying to now be able to use it for the game engine, and now, I do not know what to do. I have tried to have the bones, and meshes parented to the ship, but they seem to fail. I had also tried using different combinations of object types, for the physics, but I didn’t have much luck either.I am open to any good sugestions.

To retract the bay doors, and the landing gear, just press W.

Attachments

landing gear.blend1.blend (356 KB)

there are rigging and animation tuts on youtube. You can control animation of the landing gear just by a single control bone, it is much more handy.