Landscaping...

Hi,
Sorry to post two threads in one go, but I think (honestly) the’re two ifferent questions.
Simple enough: how would i go about modelling a landscape. Either one big blanket that I cut in equal pieces or equally sized pieces…but they’d have to seamlessly match at the edges…
Thanks for some light…
Thunder
(Blender noob)

Really?

How about thinking it through before posting anything and then making perfect sense, with images, of:

• what you want (reference) and why (intented purpose)
  • what you’ve tried, how if it’s not apparent but is relevant, and why it doesn’t work for the intented purpose

A.N.T. add-on generates landscapes

The putpose is to create a landscape (this is what I’ve got so far http://www.flickr.com/photos/thor_20/10998528704/ ) users can walk through - I admit, some more deterity with Blender is called for…
I saw ANT and it looks great, but I’d have to cut the result up in patches…
What I could do is model each part apart, but the lining up of the edges, that’s where I’m lost…
Thanks for meditating along with me
Thunder
(learning Blender)
edit @ JA12 - the questions are different, the first one is on the sizing system Blender uses, if I add a plane and size it ut to 50, how big would that be in pixels? Hence the other question. It would help me to know, to calculate file sizes and keep network traffic down…hoping you understand…
edit - thanks for NOT laughing at my first attempt… :slight_smile: it is the idea to model an existing landscape, only I dont know yet if that’d be allowed by the owner

The solution : just model, read up on some manuals (there are some great ones around) and get a nudge in a forum or two… :wink:
One snag…I dont know (as yet) how to mark this as solved…
Rests one question: how big is a patch of 50 by 50 in Blender an pixels…but, I’ll get that one too… :slight_smile: