Large Image/ High Resolution Rendering

I haven’t found an answer to this question anywhere, so here it is.

I’m trying to render an image in a high resolution. Like 1280x1024, and so forth and so on. As soon as I get past the resolution of 1024x768, the image becomes crappy in rendering. It’s edges become jagged, and gradients become disoriented. No matter how much subsurfing, subdividing, OSA (16 always), gauss, mblur, or anything else that I’ve tried will work to fix this problem. Whether I use Yafray or the internal blender, as soon as I exceed a resolution of 1024x768, everything goes downhill. :-?

Weirdly enough, this is the only image that has that this issue. I’ve rendered at 1600x1200 before and had no unusual/incorrectable issues like this. Hoping to find an answer on here; suggestions and comments are welcome.

do you mean the image in the render window or after you save it to your hard drive. For big resolutions that don’t fit on the screen, the render window will show a scaled down version. The scaling though is quick and causes the aliasing, jaggies that you see. These aren’t part of the image though. Just save the image to the HD and it’ll be normal. its just the scaling in the render window that makes it look weird.
I had this same “problem” when I started rendering at higher resolutions. confused me for a while :expressionless:

if the problem is in the saved image (not in render window) then I’m not sure what the problem is.

zdk1 -> I meant in the render window. I just tried what you suggested and it worked perfect. Jeeze…I feel slightly retarded :expressionless: lol. Anyways, thanks for the help. :smiley: