Im trying to solve a problem, perhaps some of the pros could assist me.
Right now Im modeling a terrain for a game.
- The terrain is getting sculpted using dynamic topology, high ress for now, but later will be retopologized.
- The terrain base is a single plane.
- Im aiming to create a small scale version of the game map, witch later Im considering to scale up in edit mode.
Things Im wondering:
- When the time comes to add fine details to the world map, is it wise to somehow convert the large map into smaller segments? Witch could also prove usefull when its time to texture.
- Is it quality and memory wise to use a single texture,normal and specular maps for a large scale terrain with length 30km. by 30km.? If so, what dimensions should the texture images be?
Im trying to find a good workflow when creating game environment, that allows freedom for creativity and imagination.
Any questions and suggestions are welcome.