Last thing I show you.

have u ever used any programs besides blender? take maya for example, in the material properties theres a field for GLOW you can turn on and off… how impressive! :wink:
it would be really cool if blender had that though… its a really cool special effect option to have…theres that glow plugin, but i havent tried that yet =\

the glow was made in photoshop…

Nice atmospehere and lightning macke, well done and blah blah.

Enough bullshiting already, now to some serious sh**.

Hellman!

I always wondered how people make that kind of glow.
How?

One way to make the glow (in Photoshop):

1. Create a layer duplicating the contents of your original.
  2. Guassian Blur, about 5 pixels, more or less to taste.
  3. Set compositing to screen (additive) or lighten.
  4. Adjust transparency to until it looks just right.

You could also do this directly in Blender, with the sequence editor. Using the SE, dupe the scene, applying the Blur plugin (there is one, right?) to the foreground scene, use an Add composite.

To be more precise you could glow specific objects by creating a Full Copy of your scene and setting all non-glowing objects to a flat, non-shading, non-light receiving black. Then, use that as your topmost scene in the SE, compositing with Add. I haven’t tried this myself, but what I know abou the SE tells me it should work. :smiley:

That sounds like a really good method. I will have to try that. Photoshop’s automate>batch is also a beautiful thing. Makes it easy to apply many touch ups and filters to your animations.