Lat it start! :D Moms kitchen

What I want is simple. Critics in my image.
It was made with blender’s new cycles render engine.

Please, be as unkind and brutal as you wish, I don’t mind you being ruthless and cruel. I want to make it better, so I need Critics.

THANKS!!

Cheers! kitchen

Samuel

The Tap and the extractor hood maybe could use some more reflection… the oven in the corner might be not positioned there in the real world(problems to open the door…) the image behind the kitchen stove is a little distracting to me, because I first thought it might be the reflection of a mirror :slight_smile: but then I saw that there possibly not even was supposed to be a wall or anything… and the blender picture on the left side on that black thing seems a little unessecery to me…

with the rest I think is quite good! lighting is ok(maybe a little to dark in the right upper corner) and the wood textures are also well done(maybe a small amount of bevel on the furniture would give it more realism)

Thanks! … where do you think the oven is? If you think it is the thing on the floor it is not, that is the dish washer. :lol:

The black think on the right side is the oven. :smiley: :lol:

This is a is a modal of the kitchen my house, so it is where it should be in “real” life :smiley:

THANKS! I will see what i can fix! More Critics are welcome :smiley:

The place to start … before you do anything else … is overall exposure. The entire shot is “TDD” (where T= “too” and the second D is “dark”). So, first, bring the “base-line lighting level” up … to what Ansel Adams would have called “Zone 5” … and then adjust “the darkest shadow” (the faces of the cabinets) to “Zone 3” and “the brightest highlight” (out the window) to “Zone 7.”

After you have thusly brought the overall density-curve of the photo into the acceptable performance range of any reasonably foreseeable parameters of any likely (print or video or film or computer monitor…) output medium, you can then proceed to refine your image as you see please. (But… until you do that, it will never “look right,” and you will never quite know why. Trust me on this… this is “why.” See point 3.3.1 in the Wikipedia article cited above.)

The “histogram” tool of Blender (or any other image handling program) is a basic tool to use now.

Remember… the human eye can perceive twenty-one f-stops from pure-white to pure-black; black-and-white print film can perceive about seven; a great video monitor is maybe nine; all of the above being subject to “the curse of Gamma.” Every medium other than the human eye is constrained by extremely draconian limitations … and your image challenges them all.

Mind you… the modeling is very good! Now, the purely-technical challenge is to make it look good and believable on: (a video screen | film | print). Which, BTW, is exactly the same challenge that Ansel Adams both faced and articulated (in terms of, of course, his medium-of-interest).

the wood textures have too much bump and some look stretched. I think the floor has slightly too much bump, and might be too clean/new looking. The texture on the stovetop looks strange. If it’s a glass stovetop, make it reflective. The lighting other than the under-cabinet lighting is overall too dark.

Overall I’d say your models are good and are being let down by your textures and lighting.