Late Holiday Render

I was bored and hadnt blended in a while so I whipped this up in about 6 minutes. Its not magnificent and I probably wont do much more to it. Unless, someone can explain how I can UV map a sharpie logo onto to out-of-proportion sharpies. I dont understand how to only get the word sharpie off of the logo. It will always put the background of the sharpie logo along with it. How can I do this?

Attachments

dont understand how to only get the word sharpie off of the logo. It will always put the background of the sharpie logo along with it. How can I do this?

Alpha channel. If the image with the text is just black and white, press the “CalcAlpha” button in the texture window. I think there’s another step that I always forget until I have to do it.

I cant get it to work correctly. I mean, I can get the background away with the CalcAlpha button but I cant get the logo to fit right. I tried messing around witht the coordinates and things but I had no luck. Any help?

I don’t really know what you mean. Can you post a shot of what it looks like when it isn’t right?

Cool. Hey, i’m just wondering. What was your modeling method for making the ribbon? it looks pretty good.