Latest Attempt at Interior Archviz

Hey Guys , I’m back with a new image .
I decide to increase my interior skills, tried creating an image from a project SOBO Studio called SIENA.
The interior of the apartments in the color of Siena. This is the color of natural pigments. Juicy combinations give warmth to such strict materials as concrete, metal and ceramics. The interior was created for a young couple and the main task was comfortable zoning in one open space.

Also , I had to remove one of the glass objects in the post :stuck_out_tongue:

A few questions and help from my fellow archviz artists.
As I want to make a move to becoming a professional archviz artist, I need help in acquiring clients.

1. How does a freelancer acquire clients ?
  2. How does an archviz artist frequently price their Work ?

Do comment your critiques and please do answer my queries .

Thank You,
Kru

12 Likes

im interested too

Good texturing on this one. Looks great!

About those questions - I’m not an expert and have been in archviz business since only a year but from what I have observed myself for this time:

1. You should look for local architecture industry. There are always some architects that focus only on technical side of their work and tend to contract archviz to someone else. It is all about starting somewhere close and give 100% to your work. People tend to reccommend you to others if you do great job.
  2. There is a nice video from Fabio Palvelli that I would definietly reccomend about this topic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AByCG-I4kYU
    I want to add only that I do not agree with everything he says in this video. I think when you start getting into the industry you should charge lower just to acquire some contract and after a while and after building a network of contacts you could build up your prices. That is a process that exists literally within every business and everyone needs to go through with it.

Please remember that I give this answer only from my personal experience.

Overall great and very important question because pricing in the archviz industry is a huge taboo and I’m counting on that we could get some interesting answers from other archviz artists of this forum here :wink:

Hope I’ve helped a little.

1 Like

Hey , Thank you for the message and the reply to this post . Sure, I’ll take a look at what Fabio says. I completely agree with your point about starting with lower prices while entering the industry. Hope i get more replies from other archviz artists on this forum , would be an interesting conversation to have.
Again,
Thank You :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t remember exactly what he says in the video as I can’t watch it right now but from what I remember a lot he says is very true and shows he has experience, you really should try to apply his logic to your situation.

Lowering prices is killing competition. You should not go too low when starting. Clients feel price is directly related to quality, if you put low price you will always be seen as lower quality and you are making the client expect these prices.

From my experience:
Work for other archviz studios or artists before launching on your own. If you just start in archviz and want to start a business at the same time you will most definitely loose a lot of time and not succeed in the end.

When you launch a business (=or go freelance it’s the same) you need to be already an expert in your field (archviz) so that you don’t have to struggle to make images or animations and you can concentrate on the business side of your work. You should already have some clients or people you know who could become clients should you launch your business. For example your old classmates, if you studied architecture, that are working in an architect office.

For me the most important thing is your network, if you don’t have already a lot of people that know what you do and would be willing to work with you before launching on your own then it’s too early. To have a full time or even half time job as a freelancer you need to have a big network of clients already to fill the year with work.

It’s not enough to be able to make pretty images to be successful, you need to learn how to find new clients, make a website, how to make all the paperwork, contracts, accounting and other stuff that are not archviz related but that are needed for you to work. All this time should be payed for by the jobs you will find and should be charged to the client.

When you price your images for the final client you should never just price on the number of hours you work on this project. You should price it according to how much hours this project takes + all the other hours (the time it takes on the phone with the.client or respond to emails, time for accounting and billing,…) + all the other expenses (computers, licences, server, assets, …)

Running a business and working directly with clients is difficult, working first for another studio helps you build your skills while not having to deal with the business side of the work. You can build experience and when you’re very good and have a lot of experience and a couple of potential clients then you could launch on your own, not before. But even then it’s not always the best choice, it’s very stressful and takes a lot of energy to do this full-time for a living. Sometimes it’s better to just keep working for another studio as you can keep on working on what you like the most (archviz) and let someone else do the boring business work for you.

Just my 2cents from someone who has been there.

1 Like