Latest Development for Fluid Designer

OMG… That’s got to be some kind of sorcery, and I love it!!

Would love to see it in an official release of Blender someday :slight_smile:

Amazing! Excellent! I would be very happy if you were to gift this to the community.:spin:

Interested!!! Wooooooowwwwwwwwwww!!! It’s like moving blender’s ui and usability to a whole new level. It reminds me of programming in Java and python after using C and assembly for a long time. There’s nothing wrong with C and assembly language, but if I had an interface like this for set design for movies it would take hours less time.

What kind of sorcery is this? Are you a wizard? I want this so badly I am ready to support you any way I can.

looks amazing! I wish to have it right now :slight_smile: (i could really need this for a project that i am working on right now)

if there is a way to assign your own meshes than it could be really immensely useful.

As seen in the video; vertical tabs + icons is the right way.

wow! Just wow, this is a great set of tools, could really give a lot to blender! Thanks for developing this. This is a kind of tool I am willing to pay for! :slight_smile: Hope to see (and maybe try) something more soon!

Dont wake me up! :RocknRoll:

This looks really promising

How was this made? Are the “smart objects” actually a new type of object with persistent parametric properties? Or are they just normal objects with lots of modifiers and constraints assigned to them? How do you create and add new objects to the library?

In any case, it’s certainly impressive, good work.

Yes this looks really cool!! nice tools, features…!!!
Give it to me Baby… Aha… Aha!

What i most like in Blender 3d…
is the Inovative flexible fast and non blocking Interface and the professional serious looking interface!!
What i see in this Video Demostration: many times the 3d view is blocked with big window panels for changing parameters…in this case you dont have a clear 3d view window to see all objects and changes in realtime (the 3d view must be always clear! only some small menue panels or tool panels or Pie Menus here and there is ok!)
This is a mistake that you see in other big 3d programms like 3ds max or maya etc…as example!
Look here 3ds max video demo as example always blocked 3d view!!

… a Toolbar with many 3d Objects Doors Windows…vissible objects makes an application looks somehow childisch and cheap!
Or Menues Headers with many big colourfull Icons makes a 3d programm looks also childisch in my
opinion and not serious and professional.
This can be always a seperate special Blender version (Fork) for architects interior design and some of the tools features can be integrated into trunk what the blender developers and artists find usefull!!

Thanks!

Seems its gonna be commercial anyway…http://www.microvellum.com/company/cabinet-software-developed-by-cabinet-makers/

BUT - the closer Blender gets to Sketchup (in terms of archviz usability) - the better ))))

just awesome!

If they really want to sell it, I wonder how they can cope with GNU GPL license.

I do not think they want a user who bought the product to slightly modify and redistribute the source code. However, this is part of the GPL.

It’s all speculation on my side, it all depends on their business model, they may plan to give the product for free and charge for the assets/support, there are a lot of options to market a product.

regardless it’s impressive!

So what is it exactly they are offering to Blender here? If they use Blender as the basis don’t they have to release their code?
I guess its a pay-for custom build like the Octane version and its too far removed from regular Blender to incorporate their bits.
They are kind of exploiting Blender for a commercial product here though. Octane provides a special build to link to their renderer but it doesn’t actually set out do something unique of itself.
Wonder how the BF views this? :confused:

I am not so sure about the overall GUI with pop up windows and panels overlapping semi-transparent with the 3d view. Also I do feel that maybe you could improve positioning these object instead of having a popup window , use the snap tool and the mouse.

But overall this still a very good job on the workflow and the fluidity of the interface. I see it helping not only interior designers and exterior designers but every kind of 3d artist if you asset manager is good enough to make it easy for people to share custom assets. I was thinking creating a fork of Blender to try my own ideas and integrate projects that are not part of Blender. I would love to integrate your project if Blender developers feel that this is not really needed to be added to the standard Blender distribution.

Is this only python , or you have modified the Blender C/C++ source as well ?

Thank you for making this available, I can appreciate all the effort that went in to making this.

WITCHCRAFT! Hey is there some way to save grouped objects as a single object? I would so love a way to build a repository of objects that I could then pick later to add into my scenes. I mean the append function is cool but it would be so nice to have a single place that all objects could be saved in separate of their .blend.

Yeah, a librarian idea module still alive, its one of the most expected options to speed up prof. workflow.

No. The GPL only says that if they choose to distribute it, they have to license it as GPL which in turn stipulates the release of the source code. They are well within their rights not to distribute it at all however.

If they want to release publicly they have to release source code of course,
unless they do some magic communicating to an external process which could be closed-sourced - its possible but I doubt.

Probably they could license all their own code as GPL, but not include any model library or default configuration. So anyone wanting to use the tool effectively would end up wanting to buy their bundle anyway (theres nothing wrong with this as far as I can see).

In fact this isnt a bad business model - make blender an appliance which integrates with a model library, the applience on its own without the content library isn’t so useful, so you keep the rights to sell the package containing everything.

Then the main worry would be that someone makes a free model library and undercuts you or gives it away for free, which is possible, but if its a large library, not that likely.