lattice and bone to deform a mesh

I’m using Blender 2.73A, the tutorial I’m watching is using 2.63… The tutorial is called “Animating a Book” I’m on part 3
He takes a bone, under the Bone data panel, under Deform, he changes the segments to 32… his bond stays straight up and down… When I add the 32 segments to mine, the bone twists… on his Deform panel, there is something called Cyclic Offset and the box is checked… is this what is keeping his bone from twisting?? He adds a Damped Track to the segmented bone and setting it up to track to the Target bone… when it is bent down, it creates what looks like pages on an open book… when I set mine up, the pages are open, BUT, one side is higher than the other and I’m guessing it is because my bone is twisted and I find NO way to untwist the bone … I play with the “Ease in” and “Ease out” functions and cannot get the pages to be even across them… I’ve checked all my settings and they match his… the only difference I see between his screen and mine is that Cyclic Offset… the ease in and ease out is what is putting the bend in it but my bone is twisted… I did the recalculate bone roll before doing this step… I’ve done it over and over 10 times now with same results…
Here is the file I’m working on and you can see that one side is higher than the other and the def_pages_bot.L and the def_pages_bot.R are twisted with the Ease in and Ease out set to 1.00 (on the tutorial they are not twisted) on my file, I haven’t added the Damped Track constraint yet because I’ve been trying to get the curved mesh to be right… The constraint was to be Damped Track, Obj is Book_Armature.001, the target bone would be Target.R for the bone Def_Pages_bot.R that I have selected in the file

I’m stumped at this point… as to how to fix it… I’ve been trying to learn… I’m not completely new but this one is a bit more complicated than I’ve done before, but normally I do pretty good when following the tutorial step by step… this one I’m stuck…

thank you for checking it…
have a wonderful day

Attachments

BOOK ANIMATED 5A change test.blend (985 KB)

Okay… never mind… I got it working… been working on it all afternoon and finally got it about 10 minutes ago…

thanks