lattice deformer on curve doesn't effect mesh deformed by the curve.

I have a mesh with a curve modifier on it which works as expected and a lattice modifier on the curve. The lattice seems to influence the curve as expected but the mesh is influenced by the curve like the curve is not influenced by the lattice.
My guess is that the lattice modifier is applied on the curve after the curve modifier is applied on the mesh. Is there a way to influence the order in witch the modifiers for different objects are applied. (Like the modifier stack for a single object but between different objects.)
Thanks for your time, renderer

I don’t think you can, just shape the curve manually into the shape the lattice represents.

If you apply a lattice to a curve, then click Apply to apply the modifier, the curve removes the modifier but is no longer is deformed but the lattice. This seems like a bug. Why have the ability to apply a lattice to a curve, if it really has no effect? The developers should remove that modifier option for curves.

The developers should remove that modifier option for curves.

It can still be useful if you make use of curves as object in themselves, not as modifier.
Instead would be fine if they could respect priorities in apply the modifier.

paolo

Sounds like a problem with the depsgraph. Thus, the upcoming depsgraph revamp.

It can still be useful if you make use of curves as object in themselves
Ah, I see…if I convert the curve to a mesh it works fine. If I just apply the modifier to the curve, it fails.

Thanks for the responses,
I’m trying to rig something so applying the lattice modifier to the curve or editing the curve by hand won’t work.
For now I have added the lattice modifier to the mesh, which gives me almost the desired effect, although not exactly because I would like to have the conservation of length the curve modifier gives me, so it would be nice if this where possible.