Laughed at for being Blender Artist

For me there is no reason to laugh at a Blender user,i highly respect Blender and the Community.
Blender can compete with Pro 3D Tools out there.
Iam not new to Blender but i use a lot other Tools to make my 3D Art.I’m currently learning it cause it is so damn good and you can make so much with it.
I spend a lot of time in front of my Computer and know the talking from my early days when i was younger.
The funny thing is that people only see you sitting in front of the Computer no matter what you do.I do a lot more for example Sport,going out,making Music and so on but people like to annoy others sometimes and think it is funny.
I think the best Weapon is Ignorance,ignore people that try to annoy you!
Go on and do your thing.
If you have Fun doing what you do then just do it let them talk!

Thank you for your advice SaintHaven :slight_smile:

you should rename this thread:
Laughed at for being a 3D Artist
blender has nothing todo with your house problems!

Ok, so I have aspbergers, and I tend to bombard people with info they don’t care about… don’t do what I do.

I have found that if you were the most talented, brightest, most amazing person ever, unless you make a lot of money no one cares… except us!

The truth is that blender artists represents the coming age,
People helping each other learn, or showing others there own work, to inspire, not for money, not for pride, but because we are all stronger together…

If they don’t care about blender, talk about whatever silliness they like…
And think about how you would blend the animation of then turned into a sheep…

Ok, so I have aspbergers, and I tend to bombard people with info they don’t care about… don’t do what I do.

I have found that if you were the most talented, brightest, most amazing person ever, unless you make a lot of money no one cares… except us!

The truth is that blender artists represents the coming age,
People helping each other learn, or showing others there own work, to inspire, not for money, not for pride, but because we are all stronger together…

If they don’t care about blender, talk about whatever silliness they like…
And think about how you would blend the animation of then turned into a sheep…[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=giaZnIr-faM&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DgiaZnIr-faM[/video]

BluePrintRandom post twice so you can, using some special glasses, see it in 3D

Lol, silly chrome on my lg lucid

What has helped me is showing what I’m able to do. Remember that when something is important to you it may not be for the others around you. At the end is your life and you are free to pursuewhat you like.

Do your best to ignore the ones who disrespect you. If the friends of your friends are giving you shit for being a 3D artist then tell your friends that you do not want to be around them, leave the group if they laugh at you.

You want to surround yourself with people who are interested in what you do, who can encourage you and help you improve. Discard all those who try to put you down because if you don’t they will actually do just that.

But yeah, this doesn’t really have anything to do with Blender, the people you describe doesn’t even seem to be aware that there are different 3D software in the world. I have had the luck that my parents and friends are interested in what I’m doing and are actually encouraging me to pursue a career in 3D animation. Among other artists I have met I have actually been laughed at for using Blender though.

The local High School teaches photoshop as an elective, and are interested in teaching 3d graphics, but does not because they cannot afford licences for Maya or 3DSMax. When I suggested they try Blender, the instructor and administrators said, “Oh no, we couldn’t do that! It wouldn’t look good on our students’ resumes.”

::sigh::

I had the same problems…
It was nice how they all shut-up after my first sale on Turbosquid…
Now they encourage me to do more! XD

I would have also suggested Lightwave and Cinema4D Prime as alternatives. Much cheaper, easy to learn and use, whilst still looking good on resumes.

Blender is maturing, the more institutions start adding code, the faster it will mature,

You can not say this about max or maya,

they will make you pay for any new upgrades:D

Education should be open source…

It just sounds to me like some very rude people have figured out how to “push your buttons.” You are the master of your every response: simply choose not to give them what they want anymore, and eventually they will stop. As Richard Feynman famously put it, “Why do you care what other people think?”

Blender is a professional-grade tool now. It might not be the one that’s used in this-or-that “shop,” but that’s a business decision that really has very little to do with Blender. (If you’ve accumulated several million dollars’ worth of digital assets in XYZ Application, and you have perfected a reliable business process for Earning Money With “XYZ Application,” you’d be resistant-to-change also. It would almost never make bu$ine$$ $en$e to upset the apple-cart, so you probably wouldn’t.)

The number of “shops” that are using Blender for professional work, however, is quietly growing. These are shops that make the same business-decisions, most often at the start of their process, and choose Blender, where other companies in different circumstances chose something else. But once again, that really has very little to do with Blender. You don’t pick a software product to base your bu$ine$$ on, just because you like the graphics on the splash-screen.

Your family and friends might have the perception that if someone is spending time on the computer and there is no financial benefit, then it is a waste of time. Also, if any of your time on the computer is in social media (FB, twitter, G+… so on) then that too might be feeding their comments and criticism. There is a balance of computer time vs. family time. They might be seeing it as off balance. There are two sides to every story - we only heard one side.

On the flip side, your brother-in-law ridiculing you in public and in front of friends is not cool.

What about saying to your BiL (Brother-in-Law) to take some things into a room and then place them on an “unique” way and recording a video and place a little robot (in blender) and let him walk through the room ?, that would be easy with camera tracking.

It’s so frustrating that…
I had more about the same. It seems that because some software is open-source it has to be bad or something like that, in my opinion Blender is better than the other “standards” on this industry and I have lots of reasons to say it.
I tried Autodesk and Adobe products on my arts school and I’d prefer to use Blender, Gimp or MyPaint instead.

Spending time learning blender, is much better then spending time watching a movie, or tv, or a video game console, or smoking crack in a bathtub…

I echo. New friends. Nobody needs people in their life who ‘don’t understand them.’ Get some good friends who, even if not into 3D design, still think whatever you do is chill.

If your girlfriend is laughing at you now, don’t invite her any further into your frigging life.

I’m not sure if ‘we’ve all made that mistake,’ but I know I have: watch for red flags, go in the opposite frigging direction, where there’s smoke, there’s fire, etc.

Good luck.

They need to understand your passion. And to make them want to understand, you have to impress them. All they probably see are small animations, or images (sorry if that isn’t correct, i dont know excactly, what you like to make). You have to show them something that is interesting for them. If they get interested, they will understand.

I learnt this the hard way with my family/friends

Don’t kick out your family and get new friends.