Layer Painter - Material Editing With Layers - RELEASED

Another update:

This adds back the functionality for an internal tutorial. I think this is one of the most effective ways to do tutorials for addons because you can actually work right next to the tutorial.
The structure of this version is a lot better then last time meaning it shouldn’t crash anymore and it’s a lot easier for me to add new content.
I also added a button when you first install layer painter which tells you how to get started with the addon. This is in the preferences.
The tutorial can be turned on and off in the preferences as well.
I also added a check to make the addon look if there’s a new update only once a day. This happens when you switch from default to layer painter.

The tutorial is just the basic structure and I’m simply displaying some placeholder content. I’ll add the actual tutorial images when the rest of the addon is done.

I’m hoping I can finish the rest of the features this week. Then I will fix the remaining bugs next week and create all the tutorial and documentation content the week after.
If all goes to plan the 1.2 release should be in 2 - 3 weeks but this can change depending on how much I can get done.

3 Likes