This looks incredible useful. Thanks!
You’ll add a “rivet” function like in the video too? Any plans for a “bind selected ‘cloth’ mesh” to the main body mesh?
There is no plan.
The 3ds Max videos are intended to show the features of the first half, but I am sorry to make them misunderstood.
I want it too!
Adding the Smooth weight button might be useful ? or is that built into the Select more and Less?
ver1.2.1 Compatible with Blender2.79
Compatible with Blender 2.79
The menu is in the “Tools” tab of the tool shelf (T key).
- Fixed an issue where pie menu weight setting .9 and 1 could not be accessed.
- Changed the pie menu layout
- Fixed an issue where more/less selection would not work if the edit mode was not in vertex selection mode
This small addon really helps me rigging faster! If possible, I’d like to propose some suggestions:
- As it currently is, Lazy Weight Tool’s pie menu appears when the mesh object is the only object selected. Please make it still accessible when an armature is also selected, how I think most people do weight painting.
- An option to automatically mirror / symmetrize the weight assigned will be helpful, too. For now, I have to paint over manually-assigned vertices with Add 0.0 brush to force value mirroring.
- In complex rigs, vertex groups aren’t only used for deform bones, but also to limit mask, lattice, hooks, dynamic paints, etc. An option to limit normalization only to deform bones will help users save time from reassigning values to non-armature vertex groups. For now, I have to constantly remind myself not to assign weight manually through Lazy Weight Tool in areas containing these extra vertex groups, to avoid extra reassignment works.
- Options to add / subtract weight by small increments like 0.05 / 0.1 will help, too. Most rigging job I took can’t rely on smoothing values alone, and always involve minute precise tweaks like these, so I have to constantly tweak weight slider and change brush. I imagine additions of Add Weight operators to the right pie menu area, and Subtract ones to the left, will simplify this job tremendously.
Anyway, this addon is very promising and I hope you keep developing it. Thank you!
ver1.3.0 Significant improvements to the weight value setting function, Add Vertex Table
Numerical value setting function, is now possible to switch between substitution / addition / subtraction, Symmetry, post-adjustment, and normalization.
Added a table that can display vertex weight list.
This feature is still unstable.
Significantly improved numerical value setting function
- Added replacement / addition / subtraction options
- Mirrored to X / Y / Z
- Synchronize with brush symmetry settings
- Post-adjustment of settings is now possible
- As an option of normalization, we have to be able to select the “All Active not normalized”
Added vertex weight table (under development)
- You can set weights by dragging
- List selected vertices and vertex groups to which the selected vertex is assigned
- This is unstable because it is under development
- Blender crashes on objects with many vertices
- Use custom values that are not brush weight values
- The weight setting method does not use the existing “set” operator
- The menu can be collapsed
- The panel is displayed even when not in weight paint mode.
- Panel is hidden by default
- Fixed an issue that slows down when bones are selected during weight painting and the menu is displayed
I myself thought that the same part should be improved, so I improved it with ver1.3.0.
- Normalization of active only / Disabling normalization
- Numeric settings not related to brush weight
1. The pie menu cannot be used when selecting an armature
This was due to a conflict between the keymap and alt + F of Quaternions Flip (pose.quaternions_flip) in pause mode.
In the future, the pie menu will be overwritten even in pause mode, and it will be corrected by incorporating Quaternions Flip into the pie menu.
4. In the pie menu, add to the right and subtract to the left
Hesitates because the menu is too big.
Please try the button “Replace / Add / Subtract” next to image 0.05 in ver1.3.0.
About symmetry, I actually meant having mirroring weight for BONE.L after assigning manually to BONE.R, which is what we get when weight painting. But this kind of symmetry is one I didn’t realized users will also need!
Yeah, both Alt+F and Shift+G conflicts. Looking at User Preferences > Keymap > Filter by Key-Binding, many other combinations like Shift+X seems vacant. Or better yet (maybe), let user define their own hotkey through User Preferences. Seen many addons do that.
OK, I don’t know what I need. Tried your solution, and it works good enough for my purposes.
I see you used
bpy.ops.object operators for these. I think there’s more can be done about this, there seems to be more options, will look into it.
If only mesh object is selected,
group_select_mode argument only accepts
But if an armature is also selected, other options are available:
BONE_SELECT: Normalize only selected pose bones,
BONE_DEFORM: Normalize all deforming pose bones.
BONE_DEFORM that I meant by point #3 above. LWP already included the
ALL option, so maybe you’d like to include them too if an armature is also selected.
Thanks for the add / subtract by increment feature, I already use them extensively for my works!
Fantastic tool and for the price you cannot get any better, i will buy soon since i will need to do a lot of weighting.
This was so useful in Max.
I think the Shift + X is good position and easy to press.
Adopt it and change the keymap.
understood. Implement BONE_SELECT / BONE_DEFORM options.
Thank you for that information
[Lazy Weight Tool] ver1.4.0 Numeric setting function
enhancement, menu addition for operators and extended vertex groups, etc.
Added normalization options to numerical settings. ・ Bug fixes for mirror options, changed pie menu to Shift + X, and added loop selection clicks similar to mesh editing.
- User can change each of the 7 values
- You can change the default value with the leftmost Ⅴ icon
- Value can be set to brush weight value
- [●] icon at the top
- Changed to not work for vertices belonging to locked vertex groups
- [FIX] Fixed an issue where the mirror option was heavy due to a typographical error.
Added option types for normalization
- Added “Lock active” option
- Add only selected bones and only deformed bones
- Selected Pose Bone
- Deform Pose Bone
- These two options require a bone to be selected
Simple brush menu
- Displays weight, radius, and strength
- Switch between smooth or hard brush shapes
- Switch between mix, add and subtract brushes
Weight related operator menu
- You can display the menu that was in Blender2.7x
- Add mirror selection
Add half selection
- Select the opposite side of the object axis
- When used with a weight mirror, weight copying to the other side can be easily performed
Vertex groups that allow regular expression filtering
A 3-line vertex group search list is displayed side by side.
By default, it is displayed as follows.
Left row …… “ Vertex group not displayed in the middle row / right business”
Center line …… " Vertex group with .L at the end of the line "
Right row …… " Vertex group with .R at the end of the line "
Regular expressions are available
Rename can be done with Shift + click
[Known bugs] The list will not be scrollable, so there will be a long menu with a large number of vertex groups
- Added highlight function for specific weight value
- There is a bug that does not work if the value after the decimal point is fine
- A little lighter
- Hide more than 2000 vertices to avoid apparent crash
- The table function is not stable yet . Crash when selecting at once in box selection etc.
Change pie menu keymap to Shift + X
- It was because there was a conflict between keymap and alt + F of Quaternions Flip (pose.quaternions_flip) in pause mode
Added loop selection and shortest path selection with double mouse click
Loop selection can be selected in the same way as mesh editing with alt + left mouse double click.
|Loop selection||Alt + double click left mouse|
|Loop selection (extended)||Alt + Shift + left mouse click|
|Shortest path selection||Ctrl + Shift + left mouse click|
ver1.5.0 Weight table is now available
The alpha weight table function can now be used normally.
Vertex weights and assigned vertex groups can be displayed in a table and edited.
Mainly the weight table function has been improved.
- Fixed weight table crash
- Added scroll function
- Added function to add / delete vertices to vertex group
- Change the display of only selected vertices to optional
- Added option to exclude hidden vertices, etc.
Weight table improvements
Vertex weights and assigned vertex groups can be displayed in a table and edited.
Fixed weight table crash
- Weight table no longer crashes
- Added a scrolling feature to limit the vertex menu to be displayed at once and avoid crashes
- It seems that it was due to the load of displaying a large number of menus at once
Added scroll function
- Scroll number
- When the number of numbers displayed at a time is 500 or more, a warning is displayed
- Blender crashes when there are many menus to display at once
Added function to add / delete vertices to vertex group
- Accessible from the + / - icon
Change the display of only selected vertices to optional
- You can choose between selected vertices or all vertices
Added option to exclude hidden vertices
- Separate weight table menu as separate panel
- Split add-on files and organize them internally
- Fixed an issue where the keymap could not be edited in the add-on settings
I just purchased this tool because I come from a 3DS Max background so it feels really familiar to me.
I was wondering however if it would be possible to add a copy/paste function for mirroring weights also just like you have in 3DS Max?
Preferably with the ability to mirror based off of vertex selection and a mirror position tolerance.
copy / paste and Mirror Function
At this time, there are no plans to implement those features with this add-on.
Because, a similar feature already exists in the “Weight Paint Tools” add-on developed by JoseConseco.
(I haven’t tried it yet, so I don’t know how useful this is)
OK cool, thanks for the reply!
I have used his hair tool already and its pretty good so I will check this out for sure.
Cell highlight strengthen / mesh selection function the support of the other mode
Strengthen the cell highlight function
In cell highlight function of, we added some Obushon.
- Hit target is the same as the value
- Hit the target is greater than or equal to the value
- Hit the target is less than or equal to the value
- Increase or decrease the number of digits allowed to
- Resolved an issue that does not successfully hit the cell where there is a fine point
- Eliminate the hit cell, an embossing
Also supports the mesh selection function in other modes
In mesh selection of image Paint mode and vertex paint mode, now supports the following functions.
- Shortest path selection
- Loop selection
- Link selection
- Add pie menu (shift + X)
Add the function of the vertex group auxiliary function
- “Add an empty vertex group of which is a pair of mirror”
- “Delete empty vertex group of”
It can be accessed from the [∨] menu of the vertex group.
Implements on the basis of the function of the Scramble Addon.
Add a link selection
You can access from the L key.
Some of the features name, a description, translated into Japanese
Organize the display a menu of add-on set
Such as the key map add-on set menu from individually enabled or disabled can.
We have excluded the menu switching operation from the undo
Now to prevent unintended operation by the undo.