To provide artistic direction and lead the creation of graphical and creative works within a developing learning technology company, in particular, creating concepts and assets for VR, serious games and AR experiences and to contribute to a strong and stylish visual philosophy in all outputs.
Primary Job Function:
- Leading the 3D Artist team and working closely with the Lead Developer to ensure projects are delivered on time and to a high standard.
- Setting the quality targets for 3D assets on the projects & defining an overarching style for each project in line with client’s requirements.
- Modelling/rigging/animating a variety of 3D assets (characters, props, and environments) in line with project plans.
- Creating visual assets that are low poly, high impact.
- Contribute to the design and flow of end-user solutions both in terms of graphics and user experience.
- Researching trends and new ways to express creativity and to channel learning through art in VR/MR and Serious Games
- Mentoring 3D Artists and sharing knowledge and techniques across the studio.
- Work with the lead developer to establish a common pipeline of tools from creation to delivery.
- Support project planning through time estimations and managing own time.
- Support the sales and marketing team through creating assets for proposals and the creation of sales and marketing resources e.g. videos and images when required.
- Participating in team meetings and delivering project update reports.
- Communicate ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive attitude, and help develop this attitude in others.
- Any other reasonable duties requested by the CEO.
£30,000 - £32,000 a year
Skills & Experience:
- Asset creation for use within the Unity Game Engine (low poly, high impact).
- Proficient knowledge of 3D principles in regards to modeling, rigging, texturing, lighting and preferred rendering.
- Blender, Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience of using of source Control Git or similar.
- Ability to use the internet as a research tool for styles and methodologies.
- Attention to detail
- Good time management
- Excellent communication skills and ability to motivate others and work well with a team.
- Positive, enthusiastic and solution focused approach to work.
- Experience in working with digital learning projects.
- Developing commercial products
- Experience in working on VR or digital games based projects.
- iClone 7 Character Creator 3
- Working with cutting edge technology and blue chip customers
- Pension Plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Child Care Vouchers
- R&D days
- The possibility for flexible working
‘To be an learning technology company that makes a measurable contribution to the performance of our clients through the quality of the solutions we deliver, to our community through employment, collaboration and corporate citizenship and to the advancement of learning technologies globally through research and application in international projects.’
- Commitment to working with customers and meeting customer needs.
- Develop and support teams and individuals in increasing their capacity to have creativity courage, passion and wisdom.
- Work Together. Team work is a fundamental part of achieving our mission.
- We aim to make our learning technology inclusive which recognises differences of culture, diversity and learning capability.
- Continue to strive and improve ourselves and be the best at developing learning technology
Job Type: Full-time
Please apply via the link below: