Leg Problem

Hi

I’m working on a simple leg animation to learn how to use envelopes, I’m having troubles getting the bones to deform the mesh properly, attached you will find a sample of what I’m doing.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks
www.publicitariaconcerta.com/untitled.blend

The envelopes’ area of primary influence is inside the part of the envelope that appears solid. You can adjust this using the s key in edit mode on each bone or joint. If you do this (ignore the sort of whitish zone around the envelope, which is scaled using alt-s) so that the entire leg is contained within the envelope, your leg will deform more naturally.

As for the whitish zone, that appears to be kind of a falling off area of proportional influence. I don’t really know how to use that effectively. Probably worth experimenting a bit.

Corrected.
Here is what I did:
I Replaced the bone in the middle of the geometry. This way the join look better. I added 2 loopcut in the leg for the heel and a loopcut in the foot. added an other bone for the foot. Better animation. Unparented the foot bone and added an IK constraint.

the idea is to focus the deformation in specific area with the loopcut. If you have only one loop to join, no surprise all the leg will bend.

also made a small walkcycle for fun.
Blend file

Corrected.
Here is what I did:
I Replaced the bone in the middle of the geometry. This way the join look better. I added 2 loopcut in the leg for the heel and a loopcut in the foot. added an other bone for the foot. Better animation. Unparented the foot bone and added an IK constraint.

the idea is to focus the deformation in specific area with the loopcut. If you have only one loop to join, no surprise all the leg will bend.

also made a small walkcycle for fun.
Blend file