Legacy Panel Navigation in 2.65 2.6x

Hey, all. Though it may have been asked before, I can’t seem to find an answer to this… if there’s a good solution already feel free to just drop a link.

Remember how it used to be easy to switch between materials, object data, world, render and object settings, etc. using F4 through F10? ( http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.4/Reference/Hotkeys/Map ) I’m coming back to Blender presently for a project and this was obviously changed post 2.4.

I’m not enough of a curmudgeon to stay on 2.4 just for this, however I’m starting some simulation work and it’s going to be irritating to not be able to atleast flop between World, Material, and Physics panels within the Properties region/editor via keyboard, as these all pertain what’s going on when I hit ‘P’ while hovering the 3D view to start de magics. I almost think they should all be in one unified place but I could be wrong. Let me know if there’s a way to just do that.

Anyway with any luck there’s just a Python function I can assign to a shortcut for Properties focused/hovered context that will switch between these tabs. If there’s a generic way to switch between such tabs/panels ( like Firefox’s and other tabbed programs’ ctrlPageup ctrlPagedown ) that would work too.

I realize I could split my non-3D-view into 3 panes for this but given the current UI, the inability to now shrink/zoom way out from most menus (3-column Logic display being an exception) as previous via ctrl+scrollwheel makes this very claustrophobic and confusing with my resolution (I can screencap if this that’s not clear). If there isn’t a way to bind this switching to a keyboard shortcut, I’m also open to hear about any suggestions y’all might have about layout managers or other extensions for 2.65 that might help with this somehow.

Thanks.