Lego Dropship

Glad you like them. I love the lego guys lol. Recognize the mars mission sets? If I don’t completely forget about this, the tank’ll be next.

(Get it? Build? hee hee…)

I would have chuckled, but I’m in a library lol.

I did indeed recognize the dropship. I would chuckle back, but I’m in a library as well. :slight_smile:

Any other suggested sets that would look really awesome with these guys?

Thanks for the lego guys btw, they got all of this started and really helped me with animation, I studied them inside out (Literally. I had a little problem with normals lol.)

IT’s nice to know I inspired someone! As for sets, Space Police III stuff and the new Alien Conquest sets really fit with the aesthetic I had in mind for these guys.

Set # 5974
I think I’m in love!

Edit: 5973 does’nt look so bad either!

As most lego is made from the same plastic (except for transparent parts) then Cycles would be a great way to go.

Did you model individual pieces then assemble them as in the set instructions?

Modeled some of the basic ones first, then basically modded them as I went along and needed different pieces. The windscreen was a killer lol. Mostly used curves to make that. I did NOT (repeat: NOT) use LDraw or MLCAD in any way, shape, or form.

I generally import from LeoCAD and then model the thing from scratch, using the imported model as a template so the proportions are right. Just importing it is way to messy. All those loose vertices… (shudder).