Lego Star Wars: "Yoda's Secret Mission"

Hello Blender Community!

This is a short animated film entitled Lego Star Wars: “Yoda’s Secret Mission.” It was started on April 4th, 2009 and was just recently finished on March 29th, 2011. However, it didn’t take the whole 2 years to make. There was a lot of on and off work with this project and it was even put off once for a period of about 6-8 months.

This movie takes place somewhere between “Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones” and “Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith.” It is about a secret mission that Yoda summons Obi-Wan and Anakin for. What is it that Yoda so desperately wants back and has even lost sleep over that he puts the two Jedi in harm’s way to get? Watch and find out!

In this short movie, there is also a contribution to all those storyboard artists out there who’s work usually goes unnoticed. Let’s see if you can find it :wink:

Well, it was fun creating this and I hope you all enjoy it! And if you’re wondering how this relates to you guys…well, it was made with Blender :slight_smile:

Note: (The original movie is 16 minutes and 55 seconds long. However, because of YouTube’s “15 minute policy,” I had to split the movie into two parts. So make sure you watch Part 1 first, and then watch Part 2.

YouTube Part 1

YouTube Part 2

Vimeo Version!

I hate how Sony Music Entertainment banns some countries to view clips on youtube with film music.Who the heck steals music from youtube??? Just love the paranoidal policies of some of the big companies :slight_smile:

It cannot be seen in Macedonia, too. Change the music, please!

cannot be seen it in finland too :frowning:

Hey, I’m really sorry guys about not being able to view it.
Do you know of any other site I can upload the videos to so you can see them?

Veoh maybe?

vimeo might be the one?

Why is most of part two pictures with arrows…??? Just wondering :slight_smile:

I put it on Vimeo for you guys! Enjoy :slight_smile:

Vimeo Version!

Whoa… awesome, pure epicness! I enjoyed the whole movie, and using still images from time to time didn’t put off the experience. I can see that a lot of work has been put into this one… was quite enjoyable to watch. :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot Artisten!
And by the way guys, I’m open to uploading .blend files, models, rigs, locations etc. if you guys are interested. Just let me know which model or scene you’d like me to upload and I’ll do it.

I can also answer any questions you might have regarding how we made the movie (script, story, screenplay, blender work, compositing, sound etc.)

Wow the beginning was epic, I settled down to watch, thought it was going to be very cool. But the timing and pacing of the shots is waaayyyy ttttoooooo sslllooooooow. Some proper editing in the sequencer, could turn this around in no time. As it is, I couldn’t watch more than two minutes of it before turning it off.

3dementia: you should try watching all of it. There are a lot of really cool parts :slight_smile:

I agree, the beginning is kinda slow.
And I know a lot of people say this and don’t mean it, but it really does get better and more and more intense as the movie goes on.
5:00-5:30 is pretty awesome (explosions and such).
6:50-7:40 is pretty epic.
8:25 is awesome.
And there’s more after that too.
But long story short, I just really encourage you guys to watch all of it.

3dementia: And the beginning section was meant to be slow and drawn out to show how annoying it is having to wait on Yoda’s slow actions :slight_smile:

I do? :stuck_out_tongue:

From what I can tell from the first minute or so of the animation, the quality seems to be great. Gotta check the full video tomorrow when I get more time.

Yep, from 9:28 - 13:52 it looks like storyboards instead of actual video. Looks like the editor fell asleep on the job. :slight_smile:

Fun little video though!

pure awesomeness!