Leopard gecko

Simple, you only have to check “optimal display” in the subsurf modifier and it will show you the level 0 wireframe.
Thank you for your compliments…

The render doesn’t show the eyes in detail. What did you use for the iris texture ?

looks like a plastic toy

try making it an organic material to make it look like a real lizard rather than plastic but if you want it to look plastic then it is photo real

Looks absolutely fantastic. Almost photo realistic!

This looks so good, that if I were you, I would retexture it a little bit, and send it to Animal Planet with the mail subject “Have you seen this species yet?”. They would spend zillions of dollars to find a lizard that doesn’t exist :stuck_out_tongue:

Amazing work. The DoF is also spot on for a semi-macro shot like this. Very, very nice work. :slight_smile:

Great works!

Great render! The bump especially.

Love this!

hi…nice work man…final render looks amazing…

cutie :slight_smile: hope to see another one fantastic work :slight_smile:

How many replies!
Thank you all guys :spin:

Great model, but as someone who owns one of these lovely little creatures, I’d have to agree with it looking a bit plasticy - the way the model reflects light in the greyscale/wireframe version is a lot closer to how their skin reflects light. Also, they are very translucent especially in their legs…

Oh, and you can’t see it in your model, but check out pictures of their ears - you can see pretty much all the way through…

Man I know it’s fake, but it looks real. Anybody else would think it’s real. I don’t think it could have been done better. I don’t have any criticism at all, only praise. Well done!

I see what your doing here… Trying to take Geico outta business eh…

And thus Blender becomes the best 3d package ever!!!

It’s just awesome. As far as I can tell, it looks absolutely realistic. (Maybe it can be made even better - but I just didn’t notice that) :slight_smile:

Amazing work! Is the bumping on the surface a procedurally generated bump/disp map or did you make it by hand?

I understand very well what you are saying, infact the lack of traslucency is the major reason of his plastic look. The fact is that increasing the translucency, all the fine details disappear and I could not come to terms with this problem. So I decidet to try to solve the sss problem in the next illustration, but I will wait until sss can be rendered in gpu mode.