Let's speculate about infinite virtual worlds.

Thankyou!
I would also be interested in the a blender application using your random mapping methods, ciacio. :smiley:

Ok.

I just thought my previous explanation was enough.

I’ll do it for you.

Just be patient. I’m a bit busy these days working on projects that pay the bills.

Meanwhile, check the source of the current demo from my website.

ok, thanks, I will scrutinise this while waiting for it :smiley:

time for some more thread necromancing! :stuck_out_tongue:

/me waits :expressionless:

Gosh! You’re still waiting?

First, I’ve encountered a minor problem: there’s no perlin noise function available in the game engine python modules.
I need to write and compile a module to wrap the perlin code (written in c by Ken Perlin himself) and import it in blender. I don’t even know if you can do this.

Second, I still don’t have time at the moment. I’m working on new music material. My ‘devachan’ project is also on hold (It’s usable right now, but I want to write a better documentation, more tutorials, more original visuals…)

If this isn’t enought, consider that two days ago I inadvertently %| wiped out a hd partition (labeled ‘works’), and still recovering. I’ve lost some audio sessions, some web development stuff (that I make to pay the bills) and the blender file with my first attempts around this project.

Anyway It can be done, and I’ll hope to do something it this direction anytime soon.

sorry about your troubles, but thanks for still keeping this in mind, as for a python perlin noise module, could a person not simply wrap it with pyrex? I don’t know much about such things, but I think it might be worth looking into.