Lets talk about anything.

I am a newbie at using a computer animation program, I am in Art 4 in highschool and I really want to get into computer animation. So do you guys have any advice on what I should do just to dive into it, and is Blender right for me ?

Yes…

Learn it and you will learn many a wonderful thing, also don’t get discouraged if you don’t whip out an @ndy artwork in the first month or year or millenia lol.

I know you are not the real jack black? (right):confused:

no, it’s really him. little known fact: he’s an avid blender user

You are telling me that Jack Black the actor, guitarist, one of the most funniest people in the world, just said something to me ( I dont believe you, but if it is him) thanks for the input it helps to have somebody of such to help you with your dream.

Yes dude, that’s the REAL Jack Black. Ask him yourself…

C’mon guys, he’s new. Don’t play tricks like that. Jackblack is not the real Jack Black, the fat unfunny guy from Nacho Libre. He does however have a striking resemblance to him.

Welcome to the forum and yes Blender is right for you. It is one of the best applications for learning 3D software. The manual has tutorials that you can follow through but you’ll learn most by working on projects you come up with yourself so start with some tutorials but move on quickly to projects that take your interest.

*Calls for top part of above post to be deleted my mod

Welcome to the community!
I can’t say if Blender is right for you, but give it a try and after a few months decide then.
I look forward to seeing art from you.

PS: jackblack is Jack Black

No, I’m not the real Jack Black, my name is actually Jimmy Wyane Williams, I moved up to Eagle Rock Missouri about a month ago, I used to live in Wichita Falls TX (I’m 21 and single lady’s).

Yeah… Nice try :smiley:

Besides, there aren’t many ladies showing their heads oftenly on BlenderArtists.

But hey, ever noticed that wooden thing sticking in the front wall of your house? It’s called a door and if you use it, you can go out and meet ladies :wink: (no offense, just a joke :p)

Oh I’ve met the ladies, I just seem to get lead on a lot.

I really hope that you’ve grown back your beard. It looked awesome.

Wow, JackBlack, your pick up line seems to have worked. :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t you have to go back to a mac os or something? You know, colors n’ stuff. :rolleyes:

OK, people, ADVICE, HELLLLLLLLLLLLO

Whoa, my dyslexia made that sentence seem really really weird.

Oh, we’re sorry. It’s just that Jack Black’s single’s life was more interesting than your career choice :rolleyes: (no offense, though ;))

I’d suggest you continue what you are doing right now and delve some deepre into whatever software you plan on using.
I can tell you that the industry expects you to be able to animate in more than one piece of software, though.
Expect Maya and 3DsMax.
That also depends on what kind of stuff you’d like to do with your animations. Your options are quite wide where 3D animation is concerned :wink:

No offense but talking about someone’s life really isnt my cup of tea, that just tells me that you just have to much time on your hand. Also my first goal is to make as much money as I can doing what I love, not talking about somebody elses life just wasting time. But no hard feelings right, (what is your career choice).

So you love to do art? Well how good are you at CG? Do you like to do CG? If you do then try 3d graphics and animation. Do what you have a true honest passion for.

Wow dude chill out. You bust in here and start both asking for help and then insulting people left and right. You have to have at least 500 posts to randomly insult someone.

My advice is, post your Blender questions in the appropriate forum and you won’t be getting a discussion on Jack Black’s identity. (He is really Jack Black by the way, he’s just modest).
http://blenderartists.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9