Level Changing

Sorry I couldn’t find this answered anywhere else. I’m working on an arcade game and obviously it needs more than one level. What is the best way to do this? I’m going to be using almost all of the assets and settings from each previous level but also I’ll be adding new things. So I’d like to just be able to copy what I can. When this is done though, for instance making a full copy of a scene, the objects duplicated are given the duplicated name .001 and so on and so my messages will now not apply. I read that you could make each level a .blend and load it…How? and how could I keep a level counter to keep track of the levels you’ve beaten so you can go back to where you left off from the menu?
Thanks in advance.

Hello there, I won’t be of much help, but I do have an old blend file that might be what you’re looking for. I’m terrible at python so the code I have needs work and seeing how I haven’t touched blender in several months, I doubt I could even help you decipher it :frowning: Thankfully there are people who understand and are good at programming here that can help you :slight_smile:

Hopefully the blend files will still work, to test if it works, open up test2.blend first. You should see 5 green blocks, but the first 3 are the only ones that matter. If you hit p to play all the squares (except for the first) should turn red.

This screen is a very crude menu showing which level you’re on or beaten(Green) and which are locked(Red). All the levels are almost identical except for a few properties and the color of the cube. The only point of the level is to collide with a cube that’s near you. As soon as you collide with the cube you’ll be taken to the menu again where you can select the next level and so on.

So hopefully this will help you out in some way, it uses LibLoad to call in the levels and it also saves your progress, if you only beat the first level and exit out at the menu when you open test2.blend again and hit p, you should see 2 green boxes
Good Luck :smiley: I"m sure someone will be able to help you out way more, but this might help you think of someways to implement similar ideas into your game

Attachments

menutest.zip (759 KB)