Level Size, plus vehicle problems.

Hi. Im just wondering about the size of game levels. I have made a jeep with a vehicle setup but no matter what I do, I cannot scale it down without disturbing the physics:(. I usually use the size of the grid as a maximum for my levels but I was wondering if I made a level that is bigger than the grid if it would still be alright. Unless someone wants to scale my jeep down for me, in which case I would post the model. Plus I can’t get the steering to work on the jeep. It uses python for its physics. If someone could fix this, it would be much appreciated.

For physics best to use a scale of 1 blender unit = 1 metre.

Richard

It also won’t cause any problems if the level is larger than the grid.

K, thanks. I will have another look and see if I can scale the jeep down somehow. otherwise I might just redo the physics from scratch.:yes:

The default grid is anything but an indicator on how big a level can be, I have levels that are much larger than the grid and there’s no problems.

The BGE allows unlimited level size, the only limit is the highest number allowed under the 32 bit floating point precision (go way, way, way out and you start losing precision, this applies to all 32 bit applications and not just Blender)

Be sure that after you scale something down, you select the object you scaled and then apply the scale and rotation (ctrl+a). If you don’t do this, the physics rely on the object’s scale before you scaled it.

If you open the transformation properties(n), the scale should be set at one for every axis. If it’s not, you need to apply the scale and rotation.

Thanks, but I tried this and it didn’t work. It might be where the objects centre is placed that disturbs it.:frowning:

The object center shouldn’t disturb it if you’re using triangle mesh or convex hull. If you’re using sphere, it radiates out from the object center. Mind posting a blend so we can look closer at it and try to find a solution?

It won’t upload. But it doesn’t matter, I can just use it at the size it is. It is still quite small anyway. Thanks for all the help.:smiley:

Actually, the BGE uses double-precision floats, which is typically 64 bits. :slight_smile: