Leviathan Fan Movie???

I think that the book Leviathan (and sequels) by Scott Westerfeld would make a great movie, but one doesn’t seem to exist. I thought that since I’m into Blender and animation and such, I should try making it, or at least a scene from it. Unfortunately, this takes a TON of time, much of which I do not have.
So, I’d like people to help with development of characters, props, sets, the animation of scenes, and such. Posts on the thread do NOT have to be polished, but will likely be modified over time, and remixed by various people.

I’d like the style of the animation to be (semi) realistic. I’m thinking of using MakeHuman for the character creation, and cloth sim for most of the clothes, and hand-texturing the characters.
Just as a preview for those who haven’t read Leviathan, the book itself includes some good concept drawings in it.

As a test scene, I’d like to animate Deryn’s first flight on a Huxley (middle panel), up until she encounters the Leviathan (left panel).

Attachments

I finished modeling and rigging Deryn! I haven’t made her clothes yet, but that’s coming soon!
stc=1
Here’s the Blend file!

Finished modeling Deryn Sharp!
stc=1
Clothing coming soon!
Blend file

Finished modeling Deryn!
stc=1
Clothes coming soon!
Blend

Clothes coming soon!
stc=1