"Library"

Hey, this is my first non-simple (“box worlds”) Blender project :slight_smile:
Click thumbnails for large images

http://zerohour.net/~reed/3d/04/library1_thumb.jpeg

http://zerohour.net/~reed/3d/04/library2_thumb.jpeg

It will eventually end up in a game engine (will be a VOS world), so it’s all polys (possibly too many). Those are pneumatic tubes.

No textures yet, just quick materials. Also I’m not finished putting some pipes on the ceiling.

Lots of C+C please

reed

Nice scene, I like it. 8)

But it looks like its night outside, but there is light comming from the windows. You can do two things, illuminate the scene from inside or add a withe texture outside :slight_smile:

Dont know what to say about the ceiling, there is something wrong, but I dont think “set smooth” is the option.

Walibie

P.S: What is VOS, if its a game, what kind of game? Iam curious what kind of game needs such an environment.

Some of the shadows look kind of jagged. Maybe the ceiling should be smoother… the modeling looks quite good, though it’s kind of dark so I can’t see some of the stuff very well. Not much else I can say at this point.

Thanks for the comments.

Minor update follows, I’ll try to find some more time to work on it tonight. I’m still not sure where to go with it, it needs some kind of walls around the back and right side.

But it looks like its night outside, but there is light comming from the windows.

Having the windows be too white distracts from the interior, I think. Maybe I need to make the windows themselves into a blurry translucent mesh, and put some kind of image outside with buildings etc.

Dont know what to say about the ceiling, there is something wrong, but I dont think “set smooth” is the option.

Originally I had the ceiling set smooth, but I liked the “paneled” look. Is there a better way to do it?

P.S: What is VOS, if its a game, what kind of game?

It’s like a big game with no point, a distributed set of interlinked servers running shared dynamic 3D worlds. It’s like There.com or Second Life but free and open. The VOS infrastructure has other applications as well. Still in development, see my sig for the URL. We’re sort of rebuilding it with some major changes, the 3D client should be working again in a few months. We’re always looking for both programmers and artists to join us (I’m a programmer aspiring to be an artist too :slight_smile:

reed