license!?!

anyone, can use anything you make in blender

False
From the above link:

[The GPL] only applies to the software, or the bundle if it has software in it, not to the artwork you make with Blender. All your Blender creations are your sole property.

That’s rather vague and I am pretty sure that lawyers would disagree with you. Am I allowed to use it in a render that I am selling or am I allowed to use it in an asset package that I am going to place on Blender Market?
Unless it is clear that I am allowed to use it and how, I would never do it. You always have the option to ask. I did that a couple of times in the past, when I really liked some assets and wanted to use them. I was suprised more than once, that the person who posted it, was not even the creator or warned me that they used copyrighted content, like textures or other parts which was not stated at all.

@sdfjeoff You may or may not be correct, I dunno. I’m not qualified to debate this, because I’m not a lawyer. :slight_smile: That’s why I need to see a court case. :slight_smile: Show me a link to an actual court case, Please. I understand these laws like the DMCA have a lot of gray areas. Personally, I’d be thrilled if someone wanted to use something I created.

Unless it is clear that I am allowed to use it and how, I would never do it. You always have the option to ask

same here, i rather ask then use it straight away, just to be sure of all. But in general, everything that is released in/to the public is free to use for who ever wants it. If it are indeed copyright protected stuff and it is not mentioned in that particular post/etc. then it is not your fault and you can shift all problems you get from it to the person who placed it in the first place.

It is not necessary to see a court case for this situation, because what you are describing is clearly stated in the license text. Besides that, it is not even legally possible to automatically license the content created within Blender according to the FAQ of the GPL:
https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#GPLOutput

Do you have a source to justify that?

Without not taking care for license in EU anything is soon in public domain.

Otherwise OP & majority is IMO, using wrong approach… because the process assumes you’re being guilty until you prove your innocence.
That’s why governments have offices & people/system working. Force them to do their job! Why bureaucracy is so complex but also inefficient nowadays. Yeah, talk to lawyers & you’ll soon find out which ones are really good, why they’re good & why corruption is so hard to prove.

Also learn not to mix American & European view on law and justice. We do not share same views even on common sense, liberty/freedom & property (especially public & natural resources).

Why WW started and is still running covertly…

That is not true.

In EU (and US) you have your creator’s rights right from the beginning (because you are the creator).

Laws (and interpretations) usually deal with the situation when a work is published and what happens afterwards. It also depends where you publish your work. The global availability of the internet makes it indeed difficult. You can’t assume that your local laws apply to your audience. A user from Brazil can claim other rights than a user from China or Iceland.

As stated above this would be a topic for lawyers.

Within this forum … tell that you made it, what you want to allow (or what you do not want to allow).

• Well, here is actually a little different. The law says so - if you did not put a sign (c), it does not mean that it is not your intellectual property. For full and trouble-free use of any content there is - CC BY 3.0
    In short, if someone has made an example, moreover, he also inserted his texture (the script) - this is his intellectual property, any lawyer will prove it to you.
    Be careful, everything is arranged even more spiritually …
  • Well, here is actually a little different. The law says so - if you did not put a sign (c), it does not mean that it is not your intellectual property. For full and trouble-free use of any content there is - CC BY 3.0
    In short, if someone has made an example, moreover, he also inserted his texture (the script) - this is his intellectual property, any lawyer will prove it to you.
    Be careful, everything is arranged even more spiritually …
  • I do not want to argue for a long time, but if you are using someone’s texture in the game, without a full license, and if the game has made a profit - you will lose money. There are no courts of decision, there are peace agreements, but they are hidden by subscription.

Yeah, no argument here. Like I said, I’m not a lawyer. :slight_smile: Good luck to you. :slight_smile:

Hi everybody.
I here wanted to share information with you.
When I started studying BGA, I asked questions on a http://blender3d.org.ua .
Questions:
-camera frustum - helped Stierlitz.

objlist= [obj for obj in sce.objects if own[“frust”] in obj andnot cam.rayCast(obj.worldPosition, cam.worldPosition, 0, “”,True)[0] != obj and cam.sphereInsideFrustum(obj.worldPosition,own.get(“rad”, 1)) != 2]

• aplatform and a glow - Vladas helped.
    many probably have scripts of a moving platform and FlareScale.

Irealized that this was a simple help to create a game (Python), but when I began to understand the intricacies of licenses, I asked them both to write on these scripts - CC BY 3.0. After that, they allcalmed down and began to shy away from such a topic - and even hintedat my oddities. It’s also strange that they placed scripts withready-made examples.

Mental wars and fraud.
Thereis such a thing - the power of thought, and suggestion. The most professional suggestion is hypnosis. If among psychiatrists there issuch a rule - to patients who were under your hypnosis, you can notget into their panties - do you believe in it? I have led to the fact that classical psychiatrists and psychotherapists are not limited to their profession - it is a great temptation to manage people with hypnosis. When reading your messages, they can even set up a hypnosis session.
The psychiatrist at the first contact with the patient writes something on the sheet, and until you say that he wrote down, he will not let you go. Whoever you are - a Christian, a Muslim, a Buddhist, until you say something that fits them, they will not leave you. Haloperidol, in helping them - is a strong substance stopping people’s thinking (neuroleptic, like moss extract in voodoo magic — zombies). At some of the first lectures, the lecturers say to their students - you have come to the world of thoughts and mental management of people.
At one forum (http://b3d.org.ua) I wrote something, and they wrote me back - “yes, I wrote it (on my sheet)”. Then such messages, after my reproof from the forum were deleted - who has such power, you yourself understand - in each country there is such an organization in three letters.
If someone released their games with these scripts, then there would be problems with the Law - it’s a simple scam. I wash my hands, I’m the victim here. If everything developed into a bad side for me - maybe I just recruited …
Why,you ask, do they do it? Money, power, ambitions, big firms and their interests, a job in the government …

Another question: if you were an agent of national intelligence, could you hypothetically participate in creative processes, taking the form of simple fools / eccentrics? I’m not about myself, I’m a free man - like Gordon Freeman, but not him…

I wish you creative success.

I seriously hope you are trolling!

• no, it’s all true, unfortunately. And the specialty - the damper of destructive pendulums - is a reality. There is a case, with the FSB colonel, he betrayed his homeland. An agent was sent to him, and after her there is a simple beggar who has neither the will, nor the happiness …there, of course, it was probably chemistry. So many rich people act with their abusers. And under hypnosis to a lax man you can even instill murder … not to mention the termination of product development - of course, there is always room for simple threats.
    These words will not surprise many, especially psychotherapists … like some …

This forum is about Blender and it would make sense to stick to everything that is at least related to Blender. The stuff you are mentioning has nothing to do with Blender. There are enough places on the internet where you can discuss that kind of topic and be assured that most people here do not need this kind of enlightenment.

Hopefully this clears any ambiguity:

If a person posts something in public (like here on BlenderArtists.org), and no license is specified, the default assumption is all rights reserved. This means that if you didn’t create that thing and you want to use it, you must ask permission. If the person who created it gives you that permission, you’re good go to. Otherwise, the most you can do is use that creation for reference.

In an ideal world, it would be nice if people always posted the license for their work when they share it. But at least we know the default (all rights reserved) and we’re a relatively close-knit community. It’s not out of line to send someone a PM and ask permission to use their work.

• we have a proverb - a gift horse in the mouth does not look (so check the age of the horse). But with our Laws, this proverb sounds differently - for the gifted horse, then in the Court you will answer. Therefore, I asked them to accurately prescribe a free license and - in return nothing. I just had a bad feeling about it. And it was not - lay out a ready-made example, but - give a solution to my question, but under a strange foreshortening. And what’s more, they became like my friends.
    For the platform, there is already a solution. There are two options left - glow, and fpustum.

there are two positions:

• one, you are not at that forum communicate about this (although everything is interconnected)
  • the second - well that we were warned
    the choice is always for the person, I will not contest, and continue too - it is already enough said.
    Further only as it should be according to the Law - no one needs any problems, especially with money.