Lifting a Pencil with Telepathy CGI/Animation/Video

Hey guys!
As some of you might know from my other thread, I started a YouTube channel where I post a new video every week. Most of these videos will have special effects in them, all of which is done in Blender.
In this weeks video, Unexpected Surprise, there’s a part where I lift a pencil with telepathy. I think it turned out quite nicely. Let me know what you guys think.
And please help support me by subscribing and liking :wink:

I find the gesture and speech melody of the non-lazy, non-boring version quite annoying. Dunnow if that’s the real you or if you’re acting but I hope latter, else I drop a brick here. :wink:
I find it beyond naturally acting, rather over-acted to a point somewhere between elf on speed and unicorn.

Honest critical opinion, no insult intended.

arexma: I’m sorry it seemed annoying to you. I agree with you that at parts it seems over-acted. Starting a new YouTube channel is tough and somewhat overwhelming. It takes a while to get used to being in front of a camera, and finding where exactly I should put the limit on over-acting and under-acting. I, personally, am still trying to find where the happy middle is.
It might take a while for me to get comfortable and reach the point where my videos start seeming “more like me.” So, until I reach that point, I apologize.
Thank you for being honest.
Regards.

This weeks new video is up. Check it out :yes:

The effects that you did were quite good but I hope you don’t mind some constructive criticism.

If you’re going to do Vfx videos then do that and don’t talk about everything else. Posting a video every week is nice but at least have some proper content in them that people will look forward to watching.

I don’t know if you’re planning to do acting in these videos but imo the less you try to be funny the better. It seems a bit forced at the moment which probably will change with experience though.
Also it’s not very smart to talk about your subscribers or lack of them imo. At least to me it sounds a bit desperate and that you’re begging people to subscribe and that’s probably not what you want. Make interesting content and people will surely subscribe. Talking about your lack of subscribers probably won’t attract more of them.

I’m not intending to be rude and if it came across that way then I’m sorry. I just think you could concentrate more on the content than getting a name for yourself. That will come with it if you’re good. :slight_smile: