Light armor walker

This baby took me about 3 weeks to create.
Modeling was done in blender based of artwork by @mrjakeparker

Texturing in substance painter.
Rigging, animating and rendering in Blender 2.9

Post in After Effects and Photoshop.

There are quite some spots to improve. The heat distortion annoys me the most.
I later found out that there is a colored version as well. I may do a repaint in the future.

Original Artist: https://www.mrjakeparker.com/
Original Artwork: https://bit.ly/3ix8M5P

79 Likes

Love it. Beautiful Detail

2 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

You’re #featured! :tada:

1 Like

Whoooaaaah. Thank you!

1 Like

Very nice work! Impressive texturing.

The heat distortion annoys me the most.
I later found out that there is a colored version as well. I may do a repaint in the future.

I don’t understand what you are referring to here. Please explain. :slight_smile:

Daf

Thank you!

The heat distortion: In the video you can see a distortion effect right in front of the cockpit (above the bulge with the vents on the side). It should look like the distortion effect you get from hot air.

The second sentence refers to a colored version of the original concept art. I textured it based on a black/white picture.

Sorry for the confusion

1 Like

I see now - thanks for the explanation. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great work!

For the heat distortion, you will get it a bit more visible by adding some subtle smoke exhaust on top :slight_smile:

Nice rigging work as well btw.

1 Like

thanks for mentioning the rigging!

I haven’t created such a complicated rig before and spent quite some time creating in. but it was quite easy after watching the creativeshrimp rigging course two times.

I’m especially proud of the suspended toes and the mechanic middle section

Yeah… A good rig is like art, great to see it all working, and great to work with :slight_smile:

2 Likes

OK. I’m old. I see inspiration from wwII. This inspires me as well. I think it will be my source for my next Robot model! Thank you!

1 Like