Light House

I am super happy with the way this one turned out hope you all like it.

Attachments

Good shadows and grass

Thank you :slight_smile:

I like it, how did you do the grass? I couldn’t get it to look like that. Good job.

‘kless’ my friend you have done it again.I was waiting to see your latest works and As always you keep posting this amazing work so keep it up.

There just a cylinder with 6 Verts and then at the top two points that are extruded into a plane like the image bellow:

The top part is just an alpha image of some wheat grains and then the stem is from this tutorial:https://www.artstation.com/artwork/VDR05. But instead of a glossy shader I used a diffuse shader hopefully this helps.

Attachments

Thank you glad you like it :slight_smile:

I tried using alpha maps that way but when they are too crowded they look black in te render :frowning:

yeah I have noticed that they can tend to do that when you import the image as plane select use alpha on the left panel that might help it thats the only thing I can think of that would make a difference.

It looks awesome, just as beautiful as a picture.:smiley: Thanks for sharing.

Thank you glad you like it :slight_smile:

Thank you! I will try it that way.

great work and a very beautifull place.

This is my first post on this forum.

Convincing work, Kless. Your fine image radiates a restrained, listless mood.
And congratulations on winning the Top Blender Artworks of June 2016!

Perhaps the window panes at the top of the light hub look a bit too modern. Glass panes from the time period of the style of the lighthouse would probably be less perfectly flat.

I would like to get this sky background image.

• What is the background sky image file called and where can I buy it?

Simply beautiful! Really nice lighting and the grass is awesome aswell. Could you maybe give us the wheat grain texture you wrote about?

Yeah I agree with you on the glass I always have a hard time making that look good I had a different shader that I should have used but just now remembered it, Also the background is from pro lighting skies.

Heres the texture I used http://www.textures.com/download/branches0028/107159

Very cool :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot!

Great work. I find it really interesting that despite there being very little geometry or bump mapping used on the brick or metal surfaces, which would probably have made it look more realistic, it doesn’t look wrong, and instead gives a kind of utopia feel to the artwork.

It just shows how much I still have to learn about artistic effects.