Lightflow fake render

(shibbydude) #1

I have been trying to master lightflow for a long time and just got fed up. Here is an envmapped pic of a chess set i did in a central park photo I edited in Gimp. This almost looks better than my lightflow render (aside from small imperfections).

http://home.kc.rr.com/blender/gallery/gal21.jpg

(BgDM) #2

It’s pretty good. However, it is not close to a lightflow render. You can definitely tell the diference.

You should play with the envmap settings a bit more in the texture window. Adjust the Hue, Saturation and Value sliders in the material settings as well. That will make the envmap stand out a little more.

Nice work overall though.

BgDM

(shibbydude) #3

Yeah, but it sure does take a lot less time :slight_smile: . I was really just experimenting with the focus on the background and getting it to blend into the envmap and the scene itself. It all ties in pretty nicely IMHO. Shameless self promotion.

(digitalSlav) #4

try using some different env maps all the pieces look like the have the same map! than you might be somewhere close

(Skates) #5

yeah, sorry but it’s nowhere near a proper lightflow pic. Although, even something that looks that good is tough to get out of LF sometimes. This might change with the new version of the script, who knows? Anyway, it’s a pretty good pic anyway man, very good for blenderender.

(blengine) #6

the silver peices in the back look really good! but the front ones are too similar… =D looking great =)

skates, alt+f4 makes my computer die =( :wink: