lighting a logo problem

hey I am trying to light up a bacardi logo and I’m having a lot of trouble with it. I can’t seem to make it look like I want it to. I tried ao and its too grainy… can’t figure out how to get rid of the graininess…I’m having a problem with spots…they are very weak for a power of 1.00. i wanted to make the logo mirror an image while it is on a gray plane…sort of infinite plane I guess. it just won’t work correctly…I don’t know how else to describe it.

Edit: oh great, now proportional edit won’t work. I think my blender is seriously hurt here…

post an image pls!

than i can help

claas

Well, indeed an image would be helpfull … but here’s something anyway …

Lighting can be alot of work … You say that the spots are very weak at 1.00… why don’t you raise them ? Also … play with the other lighting settings…

I usually start out with hemi’s and add spots for shadows only … after it looks reasonable, I add spots for highlights while tweaking the other lights in order to keep balans… All of this can take quite a while, so if it doesn’t work imediatly, don’t give up … good lighting is not easy …

md01

heh…uhh… when I was working on the logo, something happened in the background that screwed up blender. the spots would not go higher than what they were already at and my proportional edit quit working.

to reduce grain with AO turn up samples