Hi There, I’m working on a fairly simple learning example, and running into problem.
Here’s what I have:
- A Hollow Cylinder, with a monkey head inside (Both with materials)
- The BGE logic blocks required to hide the cylinder when it is clicked on (Works fine)
- Exporting stand-alone run-time
Here’s what I’m stuck on:
- When I hide the hollow cylinder in blender while in game mode, the light updates and I see the monkey head fine
- When I hide the hollow cylinder in the stand-alone runtime, the light does not update, the monkey head is very dark (Obviously from the shadow that was cast by the cylinder when it was visible)
Here’s what I want:
- When I hide the cylinder, the monkey head should have it’s lighting updated so that it can be seen properly
- Can I just turn shadows off all-together?
- Do I need to go all the way to dynamic lighting to resolve this problem?