lightsaber wall burn contest

hey guys tis is a contest on who can make the best lightsaber wall burn effect in blender (pure blender). for those of you who dont know what in the world I’m talking about look at this pic it should refresh your memory and if it dosent stinks for you

Attachments

This should be fun!

Does it have to be lightsaber, or can it be like a lightsaber-looking laser? Think Star Wars laser blasts.

it has to be a line in the wall that you make (video) but you dont have to put the actual lightsaber in good luck

Sounds cool! does it have to be a movie or can it be a still?
i’m new to blenderartists.org where do we turn in our work?

it has to be a movie but if its too hard it can be a still and you post it up on you tube and e-mail me the link or if its still e-mail me the pic

Got it thanks

no problem

Is there a deadline? I won’t be able to do much with this for the next couple of weeks, but I have a project going already that requires burn marks on walls.

the winner willl get a free copy of blender 2.47 so hurry up and create lightsabres

Haha. I’ll see. Hmm… Can I make a floating lightsaber making a burn in the wall? :smiley: May the Force be with you.

the deadline is the end of aug.

and yes there is a prize the winner gets to watch my upcoming movie The Shadow Blade FOR FREE on youtube1!!!11!!!:eyebrowlift:

So can’t people see it without winning? Or do they have to buy it? :stuck_out_tongue:

Can our entry be something we’ve already done? If so, here’s mine:

http://www.vimeo.com/468083

For those entering, there’s a handy little tute over at Blendernation that [email protected] did years ago that will help with your effect-making.

Cheers! :smiley:

that is very good but try if you can to put the embosed glowing sides to it but its still going to be hard to beat

hi is any body there

@Billymuncher: What material settings do you have for the wall burn? I may enter…

yes you may

:evilgrin::evilgrin::evilgrin:May I participate?:evilgrin::evilgrin::evilgrin: