Lightsaber

Love it. Very nice presentation! :+1:

I read your description of making the ground and had a look at full res for both images. You’ve made excellent material choices but that displacement takes the cake! Can I assume you downloaded the displacement and grunge images from somewhere? Your poly count looks stratospheric! You very much deserved the Feature! Cheers :):partying_face:

1 Like

i love this.

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, enjoy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow Bart Thanks very much! :sweat_smile: I am really glad you like it

1 Like

@EdgeMaster @Nitram_2000 @H-S and @tclancey I am currently in another city dealing with some things, so I have been away from my computer, when I get home I can send a wireframe view, but as I said before, it is the part I didnt put so much atention to :smiley: obviously I spent some time preparing the material but the mesh is in fact only a plane with some surface variation (through sculpting) + the displacement for the rock :slight_smile: I will send what I can when I get home

1 Like

I have had the same feeling many times, I would like to see some detailed breakdown of some artworks. Thanks, I checked some videos online where I kind of realise how much power nodes have… so I try to play a lot with them. There are some small sparks I added using the compositor, as it would made no sense to do everything completely in one scene :slight_smile: and yes! it was almost a year ago, but it was I think my second 3D visual in Blender… before that I worked with Cinema 4D for half year thou… so I had to background in 3D

1 Like

In the image was the ground plane flat for did you sculpt it around it?

The ground is just purr displacement ?!!
That’s messed up ! It looks like there are so many separated pieces !!!

How you do the glow ? Composite fog glow ?