Lightsabers in GameBlender

I am creating this RPG game where you have a lightsaber. Your character is controlled by Armatures. I want to make the lightsaber(controlled by armatures) collide with things and create damage!

HOW CAN I DO THIS!?!?!?!?!?!?

Also, is there a way to make him swing, while at the same time not stop running? I had to make 2 different armatures, but they aren’t in sinc.

thanx

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: marxniffen on 2002-03-20 11:03 ]</font>

I am creating this RPG game where you have a lightsaber. Your character is controlled by Armatures. I want to make the lightsaber(controlled by armatures) collide with things and create damage!

HOW CAN I DO THIS!?!?!?!?!?!?

Also, is there a way to make him swing, while at the same time not stop running? I had to make 2 different armatures, but they aren’t in sinc.

thanx

Well, one thing would be synchronize the lightsaber’s animation with the humans. not required in a 1st person shooter. then add a property like “saber” to the lightsaber. then add a collision gameblock to the “destroyable” objects that terminates them.

What version of Blender are you using ? You need to be using Blender 2.24 to really do what you want easily.

Cheers,
Nate Nesler

I am using blender 2.22

I can’t fgure out where to get the other versions, no thanks to NAN!

The lightsaber is PART of the human, so im not sure valarkings idea would work.

would it?
marxniffen

Well the swing and run part can only be done in blender 2.24 and up. Then the collision part that he is talking about you need to seperate objects. So it would be in your best intrest to split the lightsaber from your model character then create your animations in that manner. Now you can do what the king was talking about.

Cheers,
Nate Nesler

Oh and by the way get any Blender-Creator-2.23 version you need here http://www.download.blender.pl/

Cheers,
Nate Nesler

is blender-creater the same as blender

3zride wrote: is blender-creater the same as blender

Blender is the name of the whole product line. Blender Creator is the free half. The other half, Blender Publisher, is/was the part that was not free, enabling you to make standalone games, interactive web content and such.

so can I download Pub now for free? If you can’t reply here reply to my email [email protected]