Lilac store

The nitpicking, that’s exactly what i need. :slight_smile:
I wanted a night scene… But it was too difficult for me, and blender. I was getting several times crashes on 7 hours render, that’s make me sad, and i just drop this idea. Night scene is too noisy in cycles, it consumes more ram, not ideal for my weak PC. Just crush after 1-3 hours of rendering. Maybe on The Latest And Greatest Blender build it would be fine, but i tired, and want let it go, start new project.

I took one render in EEVEE, no any noise, but compare to cycles renders it just ok…

This image is such a treat! I’ve been lucky enough to travel to Taiwan a bunch of times for work and this instantly transported me to Taichung.

If you are looking for criticism, I’d say the very first thing that “pulled me out” of the image and engaged my analytical brain was something about the “Kei” van out front. I’m not totally certain what it is. As I look at the other vehicles like the white van down the alley it feels kind of disconnected from the scene and maybe that’s what is going on with the front van too. It could be they don’t appear to have much weight, like they are toy-like in how they sit on the earth. And maybe something to do with their windscreen shaders? There should be a lot of smudges and grime on the glass surfaces everywhere if photo realism is your goal.

1 Like

So many details!! Great result

1 Like

7 Hour render and crashes…that is nasty, i can totally understand your unwillingness to continue under these circumstances.
Eevee Night scene looks nice.

1 Like

I’m glad that you enjoy the picture, and thank you, for a sweet reply.

About van, i found that car model on japan land, by google street view. I almost had not experience by vehicle creation, looks amateur, but i like what i got. Kind of funny car.
I should waste i little bit more time on shaders of this car. Maybe because it is the only cyan color object.
A good remind of dirty glass, i forgot about that.
I had only goal, is make a pretty picture, and learn something new. Not realism, cartoon, just using free tools.

Unfortunately my hdd died, there was initial ref, that i started of. I lost this image. For environment props, i used google street view.

Ow shit man, that’s one of my biggest fears. I don’t want to be dedicated to online stuff. Internet is to expensive here. I really need to start making double backups :frowning:

1 Like

Looks and feels real and natural! Great job! :100:

1 Like

My disc was pretty old, years 10 maybe. Just keep modern file system.

I really like the lighting you ended up with. Thanks for the breakdown shots.

1 Like

This looks so good! I love everything in these images!

1 Like