Lilith (wip)

Hello guys!. This is my first post in the forum.
Super exited to be part of the blender comunity
Want to share a work in progress I’ve been doing it this week
Sculpture in zbrush, textures in substance painter and render in Blender cycles
I was really impresed with how good blender was and hope to keep doing more projects whit it and add it to my workflow
Any feedback is appreciated

https://www.artstation.com/milo_001

11 Likes

Oh, this looks really nice! It’s a really awesome image.

Here are some general thoughts, I’m not sure what you were intending or what you are still working on so I won’t go into to much detail.

The shirt fabric has a more vinyl / plastic look to it and it kind of stands out against the soft skin. Not sure if this was intentional but something with a more ‘fabric’ feel might help the image.

I know it’s a WIP but it’s pretty noisy. Have you used the de-noise data on your final images? It can really help with the noise and let you keep the samples pretty low although it can soften the image a little. Worth looking into, anyway.

The horns and the rest of the skin seem to have a very similar level of subsurface scattering. Again, not sure if this is intentional. Actually it kind of gives the horns a soft fleshy feel to them.

The only other thing that stands out to me are the eye lashes. They seem a bit too thick and not too hair-like.

Hope those can help! Again, this is a really cool image, take everything I said as loose suggestions/ideas…
-Jeff

Hey! Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it
Yes it is still a work in progress, right now I’m working on the sss and the skinshader in general, the eyelashes are just placeholders
For the fabric it was intentional the metal/plastic feel but it might worth revisiting it.
I’m using a AMD card at the moment and rendering on the cpu because of that. I tried the cpu denoising options but it didn’t give me great results, I need to figure out how to do it properly.
Anyway thanks for the feedback again! I’ll be uploading more work in progress here.

1 Like

Looking forward to any updates.

Here’s a short video that shows you the set up for using the denoising data in the compositor. https://youtu.be/8PpFaR3mD3g

1 Like

Thanks Jeffry! Gonna check it out

1 Like

More progress for this lady
Fixed the sss and reworked the texture maps in substance painter

@JeffrySG thanks man for showing me the denoiser options it changed it all!

2 Likes

Wow, it really took the noise way down! I really like the face paint on the update.

It’s finished now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

To me, her skin still needs work – it seems to have textures that are too-similar to those of her horns. The “catch-lights in the eyes” tell me that you don’t intend her to be a statue – which, of course, is another entirely-valid way that you could go with this . . .

P.S.: "Always(!) make a woman look good!" :smiley: