I’m running background batch rendering using CUDA, and my system is almost non-responsive when the rendering is being done.
I want to limit the system load Blender is putting on my system to be able to still do other work.
I tried using nice or cpulimit, but it doesn’t seem to help limit the GPU load. Obviously they affect the CPU side of the process, while majority is happening on the GPU.
The PC I’m using has a built-in Intel GPU, but I don’t know how to use it for display while keeping the Nvidia GPU available for rendering.
Is there a way to prioritize GPU tasks or somehow make my system responsive while GPU is used for rendering?
I don’t care if the rendering will take twice as long, I just want to get rid of the system lag
I’d love to be able to limit Blender’s GPU load to 75% so it leaves 25% of the GPUs time every second to do other stuff (like drawing system interface) without hiccups.
I know it’d be best to have a separate machine to this kind of server rendering, but it’s not possible right now and I don’t want to be disabled for 5 minutes every time a rendering job is started.