Linkage issue: Find Missing Files not working?

I just did a test relocating a linked .blend and then from the File > External Data menu chose Find Missing Files
…but even though the .blend it depends on was in there it didn’t find anything! What gives?

If I can’t get this sorted I may not be able to relocate a project I’m working on.
Any help appreciated.

Make sure the names match up as well, you might also want to play around with Make Paths Relative under External Data and such.

.blend file names are the same, just in a different directory. Relative file paths are the only kind I use.
Thanks for suggesting, but it’s neither of those.

found a solution, after going through “find missing files”, you need to save and reopen blend file and youre linked data will appear

This didn’t work for me, the texture is still missing color. I save and nothing happens when I re-open the file.

Hello !

are you sure the color map exist and it’s name correspond to the name blender is expecting ?
everything else work but one file, or different files shows the same issues ?

If you don’t have too many textures maybe it’s faster to fix it manually, if that’s not an option then let’s take time to find out what’s going on !

I tried to figure out what you mean, about color map. I am new to blender. Can you elaborate what that means? And how to find what blender is seeking. Thank you.

I think it’ll be better for you to fix it manually. I mean apply those textures again from the folder where you have moved them into.

Maybe this would help you: https://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/220178/help-with-find-missing-files

In the material editor try to identify this:

And this is where you can check what image texture the material is expecting , then you can see if the file really exist.

Or you can go the other way around, if that’s not the case try to learn how to add textures to a material if it’s still confusing for you !

Good luck !

I’ve seen those videos. On the purple error. I believe its only opening my one image from poliigon. I try watching them again see if I missed something. Thank you for replying.

1 Like