I probably wrong something during the following steps, because something does not work properly.
I created 2 library .blend files:
- contains an object
- contains a material (of course attached to a local object)
Now I need to use them in a production file, linking them. So:
- I Linked the object contained in the first library file
- because I need to modify locally the object I maked it a Proxy
- I Linked the material from the second file, and I set it to the proxy object
- The object is correctly there, and has the correct material, so I saved the project to file
If I open the file again then the object material is lost, the material panel is not referring to the linked material (it is empty), and finally that the controls to select a material or to create a new material are disabled
Is it a bug? am I wrong something in my (simple) steps? other?
I’am using Blender 2.79b