linking an empty to a bone <how?>

Hi :smiley: , i have an empty , i want it to move with a bone (exactly like assigning vertex to a bone)

how can i do that ? :confused:

thanks

Attachments

YOU CANT! MWAHAHA!¸
or maybe with some python but I dont know any function that get the bones position…:S

get the armature in pose mode, hold shift ,select the empty, then the desired bone, then control P, and select Parent to bone.

That is it, now the empy should scale, rotate , and translate with the bone :slight_smile:

wow you are too fast , it is solved , thanks Mmph! :slight_smile:

the empty is now moving as i want , but i want it to emit a red sphere against a wall
in another blend i have made an empty that emits a sphere against a wall in realtime , as if it was a laser spot

now , the empty emits the red sphere in the 1st position (noticing that the empty is moving as i want ) , i have checked the pulse rate and those two buttons , and it is useless … :frowning:

Mmmph! I dont know if I did something wrong but it doesnt work when I press P
(and yes I tried with IPO for bones and Action and no one works, and I’ve attached it to an always sensor , pulsed and none-pulsed and nothing work >: ( )

Single-bone parenting hasn’t been supported in the Game Engine since v2.37. It’s definitely a needed feature, especially for fantasy-style games. If you could give me a better idea of what you’re trying to do, I might be able to work out an alternative.

WOW!

thanks Shn275!

sorry about that :frowning:

yes we need a way to do this, it would make things much easier on the newer users.

It would be nice to dynamically parent an object or a group of vertices’s to a bone too.

the empty is now moving as i want , but i want it to emit a red sphere against a wall
in another blend i have made an empty that emits a sphere against a wall in realtime , as if it was a laser spot

now , the empty emits the red sphere in the 1st position (noticing that the empty is moving as i want ) , i have checked the pulse rate and those two buttons , and it is useless … :frowning:

i want my character to point his laser with his empty at his hand , help me …