Linking bones in Blender v2.40

Helo again!

In Blender 2.31 when you add a bone and define its position (with LMB) another bone is automatically created; clicking with LMB defines the latter position and so on, so that the chain is formed right? How can we make that in Blender 2.40? As far as I now the new bones are not being automatically linked…

Thank you for your attention!

You have to do this bone “extrusion” manually by using the EKEY (extrude command). Select the desired parent bone and press EKEY to attach the next one.

Ah! Simple!

Thank you!

And what about saving my .avi animations? I do not know how to save my “Gus” in .avi to visualize it in Kaffeine for example… Blender says that I must “select an image type in Display Buttons (F10)”, but there aren’t image extension options in this panel. I have already clicked “Anim” and I saw the animation complete and perfect when I selected “Play”. I also defined the format AVI Raw in “Format Panel” (Render Buttons). Do you have any suggestion?

And what about saving my .avi animations? I do not know how to save my “Gus” in .avi to visualize it in Kaffeine for example… Blender says that I must “select an image type in Display Buttons (F10)”, but there aren’t image extension options in this panel. I have already clicked “Anim” and I saw the animation complete and perfect when I selected “Play”. I also defined the format AVI Raw in “Format Panel” (Render Buttons). Do you have any suggestion?

You are right in the Scene-Buttons (F10) and there in the Render-Panels. There you’ll find the following Panels/Tabs:
Output, Render, Anim, Format.

You were right to set the Format to “AVI Raw”. This makes Blender save the rendered pics in one raw AVI-stream. To determine place and name of your avi-file, you have to go to the “Output”-Panel and set the destination path of the file in the topmost input-field (you can also select the path by clicking the little dir-button leftside).
I, eg., have set my output path to “D:\Temp\Blender\Render est.avi” (on a windows machine).

when you do like above you can be sure to find the resulting file and it has the correct format and file-extension.

I hope this would solve your problem.

best regards

Perfect!

You were right to set the Format to “AVI Raw”. This makes Blender save the rendered pics in one raw AVI-stream. To determine place and name of your avi-file, you have to go to the “Output”-Panel and set the destination path of the file in the topmost input-field (you can also select the path by clicking the little dir-button leftside).

The manual doesn’t explain that… Some details like this one make real difference…

I, eg., have set my output path to “D:\Temp\Blender\Render est.avi” (on a windows machine).

Mine was set to “/tmp” (GNU/Linux Slackware), the defaut. The .avi file was already there and I didn’t know!

when you do like above you can be sure to find the resulting file and it has the correct format and file-extension.

Nice! :slight_smile:

I hope this would solve your problem.

Sure! Thank you FastEddy…