List of addons that work with 2.8

Advanced Cones is now updated for 2.80

1 Like

@amon_paike and @P4prik4 , the QBlocker add-on developer can be easily contacted via his Twitter. He’s welcoming suggestions.

2 Likes

my biggest suggestion, would be to get in touch with the guys of blender who are planning for the next “code quest” just a better system of snapping and precision modeling … could enter the working group and act on the study and development on the blender code…
I’m hopeful that a great job would come out of it …

2 Likes

Thanks to [Spivak Vladimir (cwolf3d) for porting add mesh extra objects and breaking out Geodesic Domes.
Geodesic Domes has been removed from extra objects and is now a stand alone addon in nightly builds again.
How cool is that!

2 Likes

Photographer add-on (free) has been ported to 2.8: Photographer - Camera Exposure, White balance and Autofocus

1 Like

Hey @Meta-Androcto I see that you are the maintainer of the Edit Tools 2 addon. Do you have any plans to update it for b2.8? Because I was thinink that maybe we should extract the select tool from there into a separate package. I don’t know how relevant are these edit tools nowadays, but the selection tools might be. I am asking this because I wrote a “select overlapping” Select overlapping geometry tool for b2.8 and I was thinking to add it to the select tools plugin if that makes sense…
What do you think?

1 Like

Please ! Can someone update this addon ? Export Multiple Obj’s
It’s a very useful batch obj exporter.

Hello,
You can also add my addon - Rapid PBR Material Creator
It has been even staff picked on Blender Market :smiley:

2 Likes

For 2.80
io_export_multiple_objs.py (9.1 KB)

5 Likes

Good news! Where can I find ‘add mesh extra objects’?
Thank you.

Should be with the add-ons in the latest builds.

Thanks, I’ll download the latest build.

Thank you very much Ramboblender :smiley:

I tried Geodesic dome and deactivated it later but it doesn’t turn off. I even tried removing the files but nothing happens.

Datablock Tools now supports 2.80

2 Likes

thanks, will check

Nevermind, I was confusing geodesicdomes2 with advanced cones :skull:
This happens when you try varios plugins at once and even thought now I have almost the same options as in 2.79 some add mesh addons don’t have icons or appear in other order, making it a little messy

Hi. Anyone know of a 2.8 addon that will quickly turn loose edges into pipes so you can avoid the whole curves routine?

2 Likes

I usually go for the mesh edges ➔ Skin modifier route. Then Control + A changes the volume surrounding a vertex, and pressing X or Y constrains the volume sizing to an axis.

If you add a Subdivision Surface modifier before (and after) the Skin modifier, you can auto-smooth the flow of your edges before the Skin is generated.

I recently updated Modo-Me to 2.80 (paid)

2 Likes