List of addons that work with 2.8

add-ons
blender2-80

(Peetie) #224

Shall I put it under the free addons or paid? Can make a note there that there is both a free and pro version.

(Korchy) #225

BIS addon is free. Pro- version adds a bit of convenience but not functionality, all functionality is available for all users. But I think that it is a good idea to note that the add-on has a paid pro- version.

(Tomasz) #226

Sun Position addon doesn’t work.

Program response in blender-2.80-3d8cbb534f82-win64.zip goes like this:

"Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\Paweł_2\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons\sun_position_b28_test-master\ui_sun.py”, line 118, in draw
self.disable(context, layout)
File “C:\Users\Paweł_2\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons\sun_position_b28_test-master\ui_sun.py”, line 45, in disable
Map.zoom_preferences(bpy.context.user_preferences.inputs.invert_zoom_wheel,
AttributeError: ‘Context’ object has no attribute ‘user_preferences’

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\Paweł_2\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons\sun_position_b28_test-master\ui_sun.py”, line 118, in draw
self.disable(context, layout)
File “C:\Users\Paweł_2\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons\sun_position_b28_test-master\ui_sun.py”, line 45, in disable
Map.zoom_preferences(bpy.context.user_preferences.inputs.invert_zoom_wheel,
AttributeError: ‘Context’ object has no attribute ‘user_preferences’

"

(Peetie) #227

Hi @Twein,

You can get the addon to work (if there are no other issues in the addon) by finding in the code all lines that have;
bpy.context.user_preferences
Change that into:
bpy.context.preferences

If that doesn’t solve, best is to contact developer (via github?). His intention was the addon to be compatible with 2.8. In case that is confirmed that addon is not longer in developement I suppose I better remove the addon from the list.

(Tomasz) #228

Thank you @Peetie !
Solution works great. Do not remove it. This addon is the reason why I started to work with blender in architecture.

edit: I wrote it too fast… Every button works but sun/object doesn’t move at all.
So… You should decide if remove or maybe it’s only my case.

Here is remake for 2.8 but as said above. Developed further by Kevan Cress

(ouraf) #229

Question for devs and coders following the thread: how much would be fair to offer someone to comission a plugin port?

(Tibicen) #230

I know how the code works, I’ve studied it couple years ago, but if Kevan upgraded it then it great. If there are any issues I’m happy to help.

(povmaniaco) #231

The most urgent task is update all the OGL code, because now Blender use 3.3 version compatibility. The best place for see the new OGL way is in the ‘gpu’ Python API area.
( I too know the code, but I don’t have free time for fix issues…)
Best regards.
Povmaniac.

(Nutti) #232

Magic UV (one of the built-in add-on) now supports Blender 2.8.

(staughost) #233

Is it in or do I need to wait for another build?

(Nutti) #234

Already in Blender. I think you can try it from next build.

https://developer.blender.org/rBAc034e1968465

(Tomasz) #235

Thank you @Tibicen and @povmaniaco

Kevan repaired it faster than I thought. Now it works. I’m still testing more advanced options but those most needed are good.

Added Celtic knot version 1.0 free addon.

(nBurn) #237

Hmm… not sure on this.

For a rough baseline, I think the Blender Foundation pays full-time devs something around $35 (USD) per hour going by the $5700 a month figure listed on the dev fund page. This is assuming 40 hour work weeks (5700 / 160).

edit: Added Relax (mesh: relax) to built-in addons

(Canseco Gpc) #238

Added Archimesh to built-in addons.
It will be available on the next nightly beta release.

(Peetie) #239

Added free addons to the list:

• Adjacent Selection Addon
  • Quick Render Slot Selection
  • Simple Renaming Panel
  • Vertex Color Master
  • RotaFix
  • Pipe Nightmare
  • Quicktalk Lip Synch Addon
  • HDRI Sun Aligner v1.1

Good possible I missed some. Therefore I would like to encourage you to add addons to the wiki yourself if so. Thanks in advance.

(ouraf) #240

A bit more and we’ll need a spreadsheet to check so many addons and their descriptions

(ofuscado) #241

Bookmarker https://gumroad.com/l/GMOrB

ExtraInfo https://gumroad.com/l/UznDL

(Meta-Androcto) #242

Added Modifier Tools and 3d View Navigation addons back to Blender nightly builds today.

(Meta-Androcto) #243

hi all, wow, what a great thread, very impressive. Thanks to Peetie and everyone collectively.